ID:122542

Keywords: resolutions
1. Finish key projects which have high probability to significantly impact my resume\wallet\future and stop floundering on weak project ideas. Focus my energy and effort on fewer things.

2. Practice blocking the incoming noise of the world and go as far as to start preventing it. That "noise" is negative 95% of the time which can be taxing. Stop worrying so much about what other people think of my ideas, performance, and thoughts. Stop comparing myself to others and stop trying to make everything better. It is what it is, leave it be. Put whatever I've got on the table, block comments, don't ask for feedback, and tell the world it can kiss my ass if it doesn't like the what, why, or how I do what I do.

3. Lose 30 lbs (again) and keep it off for the duration of the year. Gotta have at least one traditional goal right!?

ts
These are great resolutions.
I wish you the best of luck with the last one. (:
I can take some of those to heart as well, great new years resolutions. :)
#1 seems the best. You're one of the developers on BYOND that tries entirely too hard. You need to drop your PopLava Collaboration dreams ( this community simply isn't cut out for it ) and try and tackle something simple by yourself. You appear to be competent - there is no reason why a solo effort wouldn't be able to "impact" your resume.
Practice blocking the incoming noise of the world and go as far as to start preventing it. That "noise" is negative 95% of the time which can be taxing. Stop worrying so much about what other people think of my ideas, performance, and thoughts. Stop comparing myself to others and stop trying to make everything better. It is what it is, leave it be. Put whatever I've got on the table, block comments, don't ask for feedback, and tell the world it can kiss my ass if it doesn't like the what, why, or how I do what I do.

I don't get this. My comment about AutoIt seemed to greatly benefit your WinClickPro project. If you don't ask for feedback you'd have never heard that comment. You should encourage feedback and read as much of it as possible and learn when to ignore it instead of blocking it.

WinClickPro was bound to be a piece of garbage if you made it completely by yourself. After receiving some feedback here you leveraged AutoIt and members of its user community. The project is now much better off and contains ideas from many different people (think about how many people have contributed towards making AutoIt what it currently is).