Evol

by Taitz
Evol
Become a leader of your own faction and develop it or join an existing one. Claim land as your own and make allies. Most importantly, wage war and have fun!
ID:1225541

Hello you all!

I took a few screenshots of the game to show off the unique graphics and to demonstrate various parts of the game.

This is the current login window you have when you log on to the game, I am sure it isn't quite finished yet, but it does the job for now.

When you create a new character, you are presented with the whole list of clans which are set to visible, it displays their emblem, name, description, founder, privacy setting, detail button and of course the join button. The displayed clans are just for testing, they are by no way real clans in the game, unless someone makes them.
NB! This is not a Naruto game.

You can customize the look of your character to a certain extent, I don't have too many options available at this moment, however I am keen on adding more and more. Based on your clan of choice, certain elements can be locked, like the color of your hair or the color of your base and details.

This is screenshot of a desert biome, which collides with a mountain.

A sea/lake next to the desert.

A grassland biome.

A tundra biome.

A forest biome.

A screenshot of the inventory with some players after wreaking havoc.

When you have a savefile, it will be displayed at login, along with some basic information.

Sample shrines for each and every clan I made, the clan's emblems are engraved into the stone tablets.

The map is pseudo-randomly generated by procedural generation and extends almost infinitely in the way the players discover the world. However the expansion will be limited by the amount of maximum players the server has had. Not entirely sure of the formula I am going to use, however it will be done.

The world is sectioned into 16x16 tile maps, walking over the edge of the map will transport you to the next map, if there are no obstacles.

To ease the load on the server, unused maps will be unloaded and replaced by new areas, however I am not sure of it's efficiency as of yet.

Enjoy!
Wow this is very nice. I can't wait to play!
Updated the main post some.
Looking good!! I love the simplicity of the art.

Add me on Skype? bryan-nigg
I noticed you take weight of your inventory into account. Does that have anything to do with what you can carry? Such as: does your character have a certain amount of max weight that can be carried?
I'd like to believe that there is beauty in the simple things, which is why I chose a simple style of graphics. Of course this contradicts me in general. Ha-ha.

Currently the weight doesn't affect the character, but yes I want it to weigh down the character, so they would store the excess of items in storage units like chests crates or some bags, also thinking about wagons or such to move around large amounts of resources.

The maximum weight you can carry will be based on your physique.
A screenshot when I played some with my bro!

The music and sound effects made it a bit more enjoyable than before and made me realize what things were still missing and I have to add.
This screenshot also shows off the onscreen local chat and global chat, plus how houses which are different and the same, which can be constructed into larger and smaller houses.
You can also see the coordinates you are positioned in the top left part of the screen, it also displays by whom the land is claimed by and at the bottom you can see in which realm you are in.

Hardcore simplicity love it. I also love how you outline most of your icons.
holy guacamole! this looks so cute!
cant wait to play!
btw...is there no stationary base?
If you mean a stationary mob icon, then yes, there isn't one. The art style I am using is designed based on old role-playing games, the characters continued to animate their walking state even if they were not walking.

As you might have guessed the art isn't really the main feature, I try to make it comfortable to the eye, other than that I do not focus on it much.
In response to Taitz
Taitz wrote:
If you mean a stationary mob icon, then yes, there isn't one. The art style I am using is designed based on old role-playing games, the characters continued to animate their walking state even if they were not walking.

As you might have guessed the art isn't really the main feature, I try to make it comfortable to the eye, other than that I do not focus on it much.

sounds cool, but the simplicity and neatness of the game makes me wanna play it in no time ^^