ID:122921

Keywords: concept
Welcome to the distant future at the mark of the apocalypse.
You are a genius inventor who specializes in Physics, Mathematics and Engineering, among other things. You are also the last surviving remnant of your race. Everyone else died in a nuclear apocalypse, but you survived because your genius intellect allowed you to protect yourself. However, no one else was that lucky.

Alone, you stand in a wasteland with nowhere to go and nothing to do. Your life flashes before you, and you remember all of your past inventions. One failed invention crosses your mind. Eureka! The earlier nuclear blasts give you the answer to your invention's failure. Not only that, this invention could undo the horrifying apocalypse.
But now you realize it's going to take a long time to complete your invention. You search the globe for materials, tools and sources of power. After a year of digging, designing and construction, your invention is finally complete.

Oh, the beauty of it!
The world's first working time machine.
Though the machine works, it only serves a single, simple function. It can only send you back to exactly after the apocalypse, and it can only be used once. Sadly, your greatest invention can't be shared with the rest of the world.
But, wait! Perhaps it can still be of use to you!
You arm the machine and jump inside.
WOOSH!
It sends you rushing back to the past, where you land alongside your past self. Your past self is shocked and amazed. After seeing what it can do, he wants to go and build the time machine. Off he speeds away to begin his quest.

You think that maybe great minds think alike and you should just wait until a third or perhaps a fourth of yourself comes from the future.
After a couple of hours, you get bored and decide to build something. Off you go to search for materials!

...Is the basic idea leading up to the game concept I thought of recently.
Essentially, the gameplay consists of a 'year' going by, during which you build something and then go back in time a year and repeat. Each time you go back, you've made another copy of yourself that builds again what you built before.
Through several time travel trips, you build a thriving metropolis (perhaps even a world or universe) made up of copies of yourself.
You spend each year either learning a skill or building something. As such, another copy of yourself fills every role in the society. From architect to farmer to policeman.
You can even create advanced surgeons that can change your gender, thus making it possible to get pregnant and have children.
Perhaps even build a cloning machine to clone yourself.
Anything is possible!
If you get really old, you build a machine that rejuvenates you and makes you younger.

The point is, you start from nothing, and using time travel, you repopulate the Earth and rebuild society even though you are the last remaining human on Earth.

Perhaps the final goal of the game is to build a time machine that goes far back enough to prevent the apocalypse.

I'm not sure how exactly the game mechanics would work or what would make it fun, but there you go. MIND VOMIT!
Sounds interesting. I'd play it.
I agree, sounds very interesting. I love the idea of time travel, pretty nifty way of doing it. If you don't already watch it, you should watch Doctor Who, great sci-fi time traveling show.
In the end do you realize it was all a mad hallucination of an egomaniac?
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
Sounds interesting. I'd play it.

Also, some spore-esque creature creation to repopulate the world wouldn't hurt
Although it might if you're sensitive to the trauma of how crappy spore turned out :p
ehh sounds like too much work
I'm only interested in the "repopulate the Earth" part because that suggests that a sexual intercourse system will be in the game. The only other game I've seen sex in is that one game Falacy made.
I guess it'd be something along the same vein as Sim City or something. I should probably play one of those games for inspiration. I'm not currently sure how it would be challenging or entertaining.

On the other hand, it could be something like Farmville. XD

Also, I haven't watched Doctor Who, but I've heard it's good.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I'm only interested in the "repopulate the Earth" part because that suggests that a sexual intercourse system will be in the game. The only other game I've seen sex in is that one game Falacy made.

That's just a minor detail, though.
I was planning on keeping the entire game from the perspective of the guy from the original timeline. So, you yourself could get a gender change and then get pregnant and live out a year until you give birth, etc.
soo.. your having sex with yourself to repopulate the earth? it would make an interesting story book
Suicide Shifter wrote:
soo.. your having sex with yourself to repopulate the earth? it would make an interesting story book

Just a minor detail not worth mentioning. ;)
Suicide Shifter wrote:

Actually, it would be a gender modified clone of yourself. So more like incest.
You could just clone yourself and not have sex. The world would still be repopulated eventually.
Complex Robot wrote:
You could just clone yourself and not have sex. The world would still be repopulated eventually.

Where's the fun in that?
There's also artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (test tube babies).
Your CSS = I like. (;
Masterralphy55 wrote:
Your CSS = I like. (;

Well, enjoy it while it lasts...