ID:1232339

Helllo Byonders, Byond's gangsta has query ina new fun game he has decided to play

http://www.byond.com/games/Eternal_Memories/ NarutoEternalMemories

Pretty mucha side scroller and pvp etc etc. The main point im trying to make here is the logistics on

Subscribing and Donating

Now to what -I- understand, subscribing is when you pay real money for extra benefits. Atleast, this is the standard term used for when you want to do something like this on byond.

Well, as Byond's gangsta likes to be an elite I paid 10$ for the characters that only 'donaters' can get on this particular naruto game.

Now what I would like to know is this called donating , or is this called subscribing.
That's pretty much subscribing.
You don't donate to the Salvation Army with expectation of reward.

You don't subscribe to someone on YouTube without expecting to see their videos from now on.
Indeed it's a fun game but the Admins are a bunch of losers who'll ban/mute anyone they dislike. Even if you play a ranged character they'll dislike that you have to run away and use projectiles to survive and will ban you if you outplay them.
Donating is when you give money with no intention of being rewarded so it's definitely not a donation.

It would be considered subscribing even if you're not paying every month.

Edit- Think of when you subscribe to a magazine, you pay every month, it's like that. But this is Byond, not a lot of games worth paying every month for benefits.
Donations can have perks.

In real life: tax deductible.
On the internet: Posters, early access to material. (see kickstarter and indiegogo, and any other crowdfunding thing)
its more like packages or buying exclusive content though -
Similar to DLC aswell, you pay once for access to stuff that might already be on the disc.