ID:1238512

Question says it all. Part of the problem with byond seems to be that most people here don't invest their time in really original games in the first place, mainly flocking to games like DBZ, Naruto, and Onepiece, generally.

So, I am checking into the viability of developing a good SCIFI based rpg, and taking ideas for such.

I have a few ideas, but I want to see what kinds of ORIGINAL sci-fi ideas you would like to see first, please.

I don't have any ideas to share yet, but I wanted to say that I would really like to find more sci-fi games on BYOND.
No Sci-Fi will always fail on BYOND...

Just kidding. Have you seen SS13? It always (may not be always) has the most players on here.
In response to Ease
Ease wrote:
No Sci-Fi will always fail on BYOND...

Just kidding. Have you seen SS13? It always (may not be always) has the most players on here.

no it always does. lol.
In response to Ease
Personally I'm not into space type games(just doesn't hold my interest except mass effect), so I'd favor something with exploration elements. Maybe various species of lifeforms to meet /discover/ run from.
I have as much interest in Sci Fi games as the total energy balance in the universe, but that's really just me. If it was done right, I might play it. I just can't stand "cheesiness" when it comes to Sci Fi.
To be honest, I couldn't give a rats-bumhole what genre a game was based within. If it's fun, original, challenging (in parts) I'll play it, so long as paying customers have no in-game advantage of non-paying.
Sidescroller when on a planet, topdown when in space.
Hmm, thanks for the input.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:

^ This gives me a neat idea. One that I don't have time to pursue.

Side-scroller, sort of like a sci-fi Dwarf Fortress with tower-defense-based combat.
In response to Ter13

Sounds like Commander Keen.
Well, if you can find a good cross from planet combat to ship combat with a good exploration ratio, then by all means it will be great.
Hmm... sounds like a plan, thanks.
In response to Ease
Ease wrote:
To be honest, I couldn't give a rats-bumhole what genre a game was based within. If it's fun, original, challenging (in parts) I'll play it, so long as paying customers have no in-game advantage of non-paying.

With the amazing hype and demand that Bit has brought, I have to imagine that BYONDers are crying themselves to sleep at night waiting for the perfect Scifi game of such high quality.

On a serious note, I definitely think BYONDers would love a good Scifi RPG. I would.
Two problems, finding a place to let people DL it and getting a membership from another.

But thanks for the feedback.
For exploration type games, check out LSD Dream Emulator. It's an insane universe to explore and a lot of fun.