Working on doing some lineart now. I followed your advice on the settings for sketching, Zane. Here's what I have, I'll start coloring it soon.
Colored.

Try this as reference. It might help you. :S

http://www.anatomy4sculptors.com/?menu=10#body
x_x don't know why im saying this now but, use this to learn some pose and anatomy and stuff, it's what i used to get better at drawing...although i never got good at it..-->http://www.posemaniacs.com/thirtysecond
what he needs to do is look for online books from andew loomis or burne hogarth about anatomy...

hes got a long way to go.
I guess, but it looks better than my drawings ._. i think, with the fingers and all and the positioning of body parts x_x i suck at that.
I know his left shoulder is too thin, his collarbone is too far over and the ears are too high and a bit too small. The shading obviously needs work. What else is wrong anatomically?
One eye is slightly larger than the other, and they seem to be a bit too close together.
Alright thanks. Fixing the spacing will be easy and the size shouldn't be too hard.
In response to Albro1
N/p.
Any tips on this lineart guys?

EDIT: I'm going to work on the eyes, I know those look funny. Looking for other tips.
Nice, looks like hes surfing im I right?
In response to Itznotme
Yeah. The surfboard isn't really as good as I want it to be. I mainly want to get the person looking good first.

EDIT: I just realized it looks like he has no pants. Let's just imagine he has a speedo lol. I'll probably put shorts on him.
You should watch this series on drawing. https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=4SbEW9VVa34&list=PL4b7RMw0rfLaD_cb0Tl2smUH5WA_skASj& index=1

About the drawing you've done right there. Hmm... The anatomy could always be better.Particularly, the characters left arm seems a bit too high, and the head is rotated too far. I like to see some water and background. The foreshortening is decent. You seem good at hands. :S
In response to Candle_Jack_9000
Candle_Jack_9000 wrote:
You should watch this series on drawing. https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=4SbEW9VVa34&list=PL4b7RMw0rfLaD_cb0Tl2smUH5WA_skASj& index=1
Thanks, I'll take a look at it whenever I get somewhere with better wifi. Right now it takes me about 30 minutes to watch a 5 minute video lol.

About the drawing you've done right there. Hmm... The anatomy could always be better.Particularly, the characters left arm seems a bit too high, and the head is rotated too far.
Awesome, thanks. I guess the arm is a LITTLE too high. I drew this with the intention of showing the guy angled forward inside of a wave, so it is going to be high. It wouldn't hurt to bring it down a little bit. Yeah, I see the head issue too. I saw it before but I wasn't sure just how bad it was. Lol
I like to see some water and background.
Yeah that water is going to kill me. I've never done any sort of water well, even on paper lol.

The foreshortening is decent. You seem good at hands. :S
Thanks, if I had to pick one part of the human body to say I'm best at it would be the hands. I used to get so annoyed drawing hands because I just couldn't figure it out, so I started studying up on hands and can finally draw them pretty well.
A decent idea is to break down the character into points, and-or simple 3d shapes, and then visualize or actually put them in perspective. Y'know, a vanishing point. So, his shoulder level would be a line going to a vanishing point. His hip level would be another line going to the same vanishing point. Etc. What you're brain is doing while your drawing is trying solve a problem. The problem is where do I put all this stuff. Instead doing finished drawings it might be better to do a bunch of quick gestures that answer where is this and that. @_@
QuickSurfingExample photo blah_zps62cd643a.jpg
Ex: With this you know where everything is immediately, and how they are proportioned. With bit of anatomical knowledge you can properly layer on the muscles (or bones @_@).
Also, I believe your frustration with hands is why Andrew Loomis, Burne Hogarth, and Giovanni Civardi made books on specifically on hands. Lol. Not just their anatomy though, but also what they express...
Did a sketch while I was at school lol.

My main problems with this one are the left leg and the feet. Gosh, the feet.

I've always been worse with females than with males, so that's why I took a stab at this.
You need to put things to a pseudo-vanishing point into your pieces for a stronger since of depth. Allow the edge of the object to fall away from view. Like if that horizontal line is the horizon line the shoulders and the chair should should vanish towards to a point and it doesn't have to be a point within view that it vanish towards. The main point being... Oh, wait, I think I'm getting a better feel of the 'camera' angle. It's like at ah...30 maybe 45 degree angle maybe looking down at the ground. No no no, maybe 60-80 degree... :S
Either way, the one thing that it needs most is values/shading/lighting to give it depth.

In response to Candle_Jack_9000
Yeah that was actually going to be a swimming pool there, not the horizon lol.

Any advice on that left leg? I know it's messed up and it's really bothering me. Lol I don't wanna add depth until I have the proportion right.
Well, if you want proportion right don't draw them in poses and instead drawing them just standing in specific views. Such as, front, side, back, and 3/4th. Ultimately though, you're the one creating the proportions to your character(s). From something realistic to something animated(cartoony). The webpage I posted earlier should help with proportions a lot. Try drawing figures towards those proportions. There is a section dedicated to proportions... Here it is:
http://www.anatomy4sculptors.com/proportions.php

What will help you do a grade better is to focusing on anatomy, proportion, and 3D space. Your girls will look better when you give them a realistic jaw line, and nice since of muscle tone throughout the body.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5