ID:1248010

Do you often find yourself saying this very thing," I want to make a game-- but I don't know where to begin." "I don't have any good ideas".

Rather than bore you with a lot of info about the extensive subject of game development and all that goes into crafting a "proper" game-- this article will be updated every so often with game concepts that come to mind, whether you like them and want to use them yourself is up to you, feel free. You can use these as inspirations, or however you see fit.

Idea #1 4/27/13:
Premise:
An MMORPG/or( single player if you prefer) game about people with wings who live in the sky. They must return to the earth and explore in time to find a way to keep the world as they know it from "ending"(changing is a better term).

Gameplay: (Action/Adventure or Rpg )elements in which you belong to one of a few floating cities. Perhaps there is some animosity between each city, or perhaps some friendly competition for status- either way you compete vs one another.

You fly (actually fly) around the vast skies, exploring and gathering the tools and objects you will need to make a forage to the ground.

Since the turmoil on earth has begun your people can only fly at certain times, namely once you reach earth, your wings become unusable until you reach a certain point in a dungeon or the world.

Possible Plot: could be- Power of Nature in the planet is dying, thus the power of flight is being lost. You must seek out the cause of this, and fix the problem. It could be puzzle based objectives, giant monsters, or what have you.

Drawn Inspirations: Silverhawks
As classic-generic as Silver Hawks is, I actually felt a little inspired and did some concept art for a top-down Hawkish character which is loosely inspired by Silver Hawks. Not intended to be a Silver Hawk character.

I think maybe when you go into flight mode you can fly but only in one direction for a short time unless you engage your wings which give you full directional freedom. Maybe in glide mode with your wings off you're able to do some things that you can't do with your wings out.
In response to Zecronious
Edited today to add some shading.

That's pretty nice. - Sorry I haven't been following very many posts at all lately.
That's all good, figured something like that. Top down isn't always my favorite style but it's the style I'm best at so this topic was at least a good excuse to practice.

You're still looking for game ideas? I'm in the same boat right now.
No I'm not looking for game ideas. The purpose of this post is to have a place to place some of my random game ideas so that others might be inspired.
In response to Dariuc
Oh right, how about a zombie game? Just kidding, martial arts game? Jokes.
Any and everything that comes to mind. :)
Two words: Ergo Proxy
In response to Jean Sqribe
You're talking about the Anime? I don't make Anime games but other people reading might I guess.