ID:1249156

This Spring has kicked off to a few very good anime, Notably in my preference tastes are.

Attack on Titan.
Hataraku Maou-sama.
Gargantia on the verdurous planet.

Attack on Titan.
Set in a futurist world where humanity has been reduced to living in walled off cities for more than a hundred years like cattle due to an unknown enemy threat of giants and titans, Upon a great tragedy our main character is driven by rage and revenge which carries the story forward in his attempt to face the titans equally.

This anime is pretty impressive in terms of animation and feel, It's certainly epic and already got a lot of hype going around it, certainly got a thing for cliff hangers.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hataraku Maou-sama
In a world of magic and Demons, Our demon lord is being defeated and chased out of his keep by a vicious hero granted with holy powers, he flee's with his general through a space dimensional spell he creates, and ends up in a parallel world called earth, where magic is barely existent reducing him and his general to mere humans, and hence starts an epic adventure of a demon lord at McDonalds climbing his way up through promotions!

This anime has some brilliant animation and fight scenes but is filled with comedy and more, I'm really liking this.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Gargantia on the Verdurous planet
Way into the future mankind has deserted earth due to it freezing over and becoming uninhabitable, living in space with the threat of an alien species that creates hives and destroys planets, our main character is a skilled Mech soldier, The mission to destroy the hives goes wrong, and he fins himself knocked of course and put into a cold sleep by his Mech to preserve his life, He awakes on earth which is now a water world, full of boats and pirates as he tries to co-operate with the humans with the help of his Mechs AI.

This anime is beautiful animated and the story takes a step back from Mecha and more towards character development and imposing threat and more, It's very enjoyable.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone following any of these or have any other suggestions from this summer :P?

I'm also following devil survivor 2 which i like(probably mostly because what it's based on) but I don't find it particularly stand out-ish.

:)
Yup, these are the three most promising shows of the season. I will probably burn through the Titan manga on account of spoilers being dropped everywhere.
Those look pretty awesome, though I've never been too fond of anime that hasn't been English Dubbed as I often find myself more focused on the subtitles than the animation.
Nice Sax :) Yeah there's quite a bit of talk about Titan at the moment :) though I do think you should watch the anime after the manga, Since I hear the Anime's already changed a few things and the action is very good to look at too. :P

@Danny Roe.
Hmm i understand Danny, I quite like subbed anime for the fact that they seem more genuine in emotion. But I'll happily watch dub as well :) (If I have a headache.. I definitely prefer Dubbed)
In response to Teka123
Teka123 wrote:
Since I hear the Anime's already changed a few things and the action is very good to look at too.

From what I can tell not a lot is changed, it's just that the anime is showing things in a different order. All the training stuff happens in later chapters, they must do a flashback or something in the manga.

The second gif you have there from episode 4 is chapter 3 in the manga.
Yeah I've been enjoying my Pro Beans, Nice of you to notice,

I was sure more peeps would have been following Attack on Titan though :O
I was thinking about checking out titan never got arround to been to busy
yea titan looks the most interesting to me
No, School Days is ._. LOL j/k guys, Titan is pretty good. But has that gory feel with it , dem looks >.> but looks cool either way lols.
I'm glad someone posted about Attack on Titan. I was going to mention it tomorrow. Shingeki no Kyojin is simply amazing. Cool list. I'll be sure to check out the rest.
Great. Another anime for me to be addicted too. >:D Attack on Titan looks awesome. *Gets off byond to go watch it* Tehehe.
Just finished Shingeki Episode 4. Intense. AAH. Now I gotta wait another week! =[
Attack on Titan will be good in the future. I can't wait for updates!! Time to try out other animes.
I read up the Attack on Titan Manga. Good stuff, they seems to be fixing a lot of the continuity/boring moments in the manga with the anime. AoT is gonna be a hit.
I love Attack on Titan, it's awesome! I watched the 4 episodes today. The manga is pretty slow though, 1 per month, and they there are only 45 (or some more) chapters at the moment, so they won't make many episodes at all, yet it's still epic. ^^
In response to Eternal_Memories
Eternal_Memories wrote:
The manga is pretty slow though, 1 per month, and they there are only 45 (or some more) chapters at the moment
That's just a little bit less than Deadman Wonderland, another awesome one.
Attack on Titan will definitely be a hit if they keep going at the rate they're at currently.
It's already a hit for me from ep 1 and ep 4's cliff hangers and the bits in the middle were enjoyable too :P Also I Can never tell if Falcons being sarcastic.. lol

Deadman wonderland is a good anime, though i can't deny the main character was very irritating and made me wish he'd man up sooner lol.

Attack on titan is supposedly going to be a 25 ep anime anyhow - about the usual amount of eps for the majority of impressive anime.

I hope someone else gives either Hataraku or Gargantia a try, one is fun and comical the other is spectacular.
In response to Teka123
Teka123 wrote:
Deadman wonderland is a good anime, though i can't deny the main character was very irritating and made me wish he'd man up sooner lol.
Lol, I preferred the manga more because it's a lot farther along and he's manned up more. The anime is still trying to get into season 2.

Attack on titan is supposedly going to be a 25 ep anime anyhow - about the usual amount of eps for the majority of impressive anime.
This description immediately made me think of Baccano!.

Lol nice, I look forward to a season 2 DMW :) then, Though I do think Baccano is brilliantly awesome and well made and magnificent, I was fairly certain it wasn't quite that many eps.

TTGL is certainly one of the 20 something ep which makes the impressive anime list. lol
Page: 1 2 3 4