BYOND Hosting / Shell Server

by Xirre
A shell server (hosting service) for all of BYOND to use!
The main reason why I don't entirely like SS13 servers is because of the large amount of files it holds. You get 500MB of upload space. I don't know how much CPU is required to run a large 30+ player SS13 server. That's for you to decide. The processor is a 3.1GHz Dual Core with 2GB of RAM on the server.

If you put in an application for a free server on Server #2, you are free to test it before you buy it as soon as I review your application. This also allows me to see whether or not I'd be happy hosting it.
I was wondering if you could do a bit of classic Byond Game hosting.

Thanks to you I was successfully able to have GTA Online hosted once more after years of inactivity. but there are many more old classics that have no hosts and are doomed forever to suffer in a black void despite being good games (Hurricane comes to mind)

I have alot of old host files that have disappeared over the ages, so get back to me if your interested.

*Part of the Byond Historical Restoration Porject*
As long as they're not rips and those who are hosting them have a deep concern for their well-being, then yes. I'd approve of it being hosted. I completely support the revival of older games.
For the paid subscription do i pay once or monthly?
and can you host rips if its paid subscription? plz fast reply
Monthly and yes.
does the admin review my hub if i paid or i pay and start hosting directly?
NNG 30+ what best choice no lag?
Payments are automated. You can do whatever you want when you pay.
Whats best choice for NNG 25+ Players?
I can't give suggestions on which plan to buy for games since all games have different levels of optimization.

All I can tell you is that there is a 3.1GHz Dual Core. Run it on your own computer and compare the specs. See how high the CPU reaches and grab a rough estimate.

A lot of people are fine with the free 10% CPU plan because their games focus on optimization. But, when RIPs come in to play they feature some bad programming practices that result in some nasty CPU consumption. So, I really can't suggest a plan.
how can i check how high the cpu reaches?
atm there is 9 it tells me 1
one last question can it host without writing Hosted by Vegeta ssjj2?
In response to Vegeta ssjj2
Vegeta ssjj2 wrote:
one last question can it host without writing Hosted by Vegeta ssjj2?

All Linux operating systems BYOND servers do not have a world.host. Thus, you don't get "host" verbs and you don't get the "Hosted by..." message either.
One thing I can say is if you buy multiple credits that you can buy the highest affordable plan and there "is" a downgrade feature that is also automatic. It gives you back your credits. So you essentially can try before you buy. And when you find the sweetspot (15% CPU cap, 25%, etc) you can purchase multiple months of it as well. And, if you don't like it, don't worry. I can issue a refund so long as you haven't used it longer than a day.

Additionally, you can buy the cheapest server and upgrade as needed as well. However, it costs more. Why? Because buying credits in bulk gives you a discount. Just do the math with the credits and compare their prices. So, to upgrade you'd have to constantly buy for the same price without any discounts.
i can buy 2 times for 2 months?
In response to Vegeta ssjj2
Vegeta ssjj2 wrote:
i can buy 2 times for 2 months?

Credits are a currency. Think of a mobile game or any PC game that has in-game currencies. Once you have the currency, you use it to buy goods. The currency here is BYOND Credits. You'll be using that to buy your server. So, you can actually just buy once and save yourself money. Want 2 months of a 15% server? By the 125 Credits for $10.00. You'll get 5 extra credits.

There's the list of the server costs.
Hello xirre i subscribed yesterday with 25% CPU today i tried to upload host file it tells me Naruto.dmb is not accepted file type how to fix this?
I replied to your pager. But, my guess is you have it named Naruto.dmb when it's already a .dmb file. Thus, your file is actually Naruto.dmb.dmb. This happens if you don't have file extensions enabled for editing in your File Explorer. I only hope you are on Windows 8.1.

Click view and then check file name extensions.

If you are not on Windows 8.1, google how to enable file name extensions for your OS. It's a really easy find for every OS.

Once you have done that...

WRONG

RIGHT
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6