ID:12648

I came up with an idea that I could make money off of my naruto game, without actually including concepts of naruto which earned me money.

Two things people could buy, Stat boosts, and admin, someone tell me... Does Naruto have Stat Boosts and admin copyrighted? I'm not sure whats gotten into two individuals who all the sudden just bursted into my game flaming it, one of them even spamming the link of their own game. Hydrocrush (The spammer) and AlexisOnFire came in and just began to attack me and my game.

I don't really understand what Hydro's problem is, because to tell you the truth, you can ask many people and they will tell you i'm one of the nicest and most attentive game owners they have ever met, and it's not an easy job doing what I do. I'm asking the posters here to try not to flame, seeing as this is something I need you to take a step back from all your opinions, egos, and ideas, and look at the hard core facts. I have and will be doing nothing wrong.
You are still making money off of a COPYWRITTEN idea. Regardless if it isn't dirrectly, it's still making money off of it. DBZ games all ready tried this and where told to stop.
I'm making money off of my own concept in the game, nothing Naruto came up with. People can function properly without doing it. They do it under their own free will, therefor nothing is forced, and everything is clean.
Go for it i guess.....

And Hydro needs to fucking die.=)
Until Gotrax is warned, he has every right to do whatever he wants with his game. As far as the copyright, he is not selling anything to do with Naruto, so I dont see how it is breaking any rule.
Attacked? I came in and said 1 thing, then got booted by someone saying "Stfu"

I hardly call that attacked.

In cleaning up the hub entries there've been 4 rules broken the most:

# Don't sell or give away another author's stuff.
# Don't charge money or ask donations for fan foo.
# Don't upload gigantic files to the hub.
# Don't scam other users. (Duh!)

You can of course still charge money or ask donations for your original creations, provided they don't include fan foo.

The money rule about fan foo includes selling GM privileges or items in a fan game. You just can't do it. A lot of people didn't know that, but that's basically the stance of anyone who owns rights to that sort of thing. Funimation, who own the rights to Dragonball Z in the US, have said they have no problem with fan games that don't take in any money. This rule of thumb should be kept for all fan games and related works like icons.
No it doesn't go around the copyright.

Go ahead and try it, then watch as your HUB entry is deleted.
Even if it's your own concepts about the game, it is still ABOUT THE GAME. Do you think the guys who made Counterstrike are allowed to make money off of their game without explicit permission from Valve? No. The same applies here. It's not a way around the copyright. If you're making a game about something that is copyrighted, and attempt to make money, you are in violation of the copyright, unless you have explict consent from the creators to do what you are doing.
Um...yes you would be indirectly making money from Naruto. What you would be selling affects people who play your NARUTO game. Some (not saying all) of those people may not even be playing your game in the first place if it had nothing to do with Naruto. One of those people purchasing stat boosts or admin privileges (which is a horrible idea on its own) would not be giving you that money if he weren't enticed into playing your game in the first place due to the Naruto theme.

You may not be selling Naruto itself, but that would be income that is due to copyrighted material and I wouldn't expect your hub entry to last much longer the moment you'd put it in.
Naruto doesn't allow me to give stat boosts or Admin. I have done nothing wrong.
...What?
In your journal post you said it ALREADY earned some money for you.

I came up with an idea that I could make money off of my naruto game, without actually including concepts of naruto which earned me money.

It's all past tense, giving off the vibe that you've already done this.
I didn't do anything yet.
Just answer this one question: Are you going to be making money from something with Naruto related to it?
No.

Admin is not related to Naruto.
Stat Boosts are not related to Naruto.
If I were to give Kage for money, then there would be a problem.
Admin on your Naruto game IS related to Naruto. Stat boosts are used when playing Naruto. Yes, that counts.
It doesn't even matter what kind of game it is. The fact is that Naruto HAS NOT copyrighted Admin abilities, or Stat Boosts.
What the hell? You're missing the point.

Okay, think of this like a Byond variable.

Game
Genre
Action
Statistics
Pay for stats and admin!
Fangame
Statistics
NO PAYING MONEY!

The owners of Naruto don't HAVE to copyright admin or stat boosts because THEY FALL UNDER A FANGAME. The Naruto game is their parent proc/variable/whatever and anything within that game inherits the Dos and Don'ts of what is allowed.
But it isn't part of the game! It doesn't fall under the category!
Look, just because it isn't specifically stated in the copyright doesn't mean the copyright doesn't apply. You think that bush you pass that one time in Half-Life 2, it's copyrighted directly by Valve? Probably not. That's why that little 'and all related material copyrighted by...' is in there. So things like this can't happen.
Humor me. At this point, I really want to believe you're just playing around with me. ...Right?

You have a fangame. It's about Naruto. Your fangame falls under Naruto.

There are stats and admins in that fangame. Your stats and admins fall under the fangame.

You want people to have the option of purchasing stats and admin. Paying money for this falls under your stats and admin.

Stats and admin are under fangame.

Therefore paying money is falling under your fangame.

Your fangame is under Naruto.

Therefore your paying money is falling under Naruto.
Page: 1 2