DM Guide

by D-Cire
DM Guide
Cire's POV DM Guide
ID:1269367

I just noticed that this had roughly 200 downloads, which is something I was not expecting considering it was barely made and covered nearly nothing. However, due to the fact it has that many downloads It boosted my confidence a small sum; And gave me the idea of actually working on this from time to time.

Just out of curiosity from anyone who has downloaded this, used this, or looked at this. Would anyone want me to work on this again and go into more detail on things?

If so what would you prefer me to go into detail on, and explain? This of course will be explained and worked on after the basic-basic concepts that were already being worked on, but will give me a direction and motivation to finish the basics and then work on what you want quicker.

The reason this is a basic post and not a poll is because this isn't me asking if the majority would prefer for me to work on it. If even one user would find this helpful and prefer me to continue explaining things I'd be happy to. Who knows, I might even turn it into a full-scale project covering everything from the DM guide and multiple other elements.

Anyway, all thoughts and opinions welcome. Please refrain from trolling or leaving negative comments towards others. I couldn't care less if they were directed towards me or my programming habits; which are horrible. If you don't obey these few rules I'll delete your comments and ban you from the game's forums.

Thank you, and have a nice day
- Cire
Yes please work on it i love byond and every single game on here i would really like it and im not the only one who would agree heck i just saw this post now ive been too busy playing byond games
For the parts it did cover it was very helpful, i'm always looking for more guides and tips, ect. I like looking at how other come to do thing conpare it with my way and try to find the middle ground on how things could and can be done. About what you should cover? I would finsh off with the basics of making a game then go more into detail of what everything could be used for.
Error: Demo-3\Code\Turfs.dm:3:error: 'Demo 3/Icons/Turfs.dmi': cannot find file

Looks like you need a dash instead of a space in the code.
@Legendary
You are aware this is more of a guide, than a game?

@NSC-Lock
That's always good, then I guess I'll continue this when I have time. I'll most likely start later today, and fix up the issues with packaging like FIREking said. The version I downloaded had two copies of everything soooo eww.

As for what you would like to see I meant unique systems, little demos, snippits, that sort of thing. In action, and how to use them I mean.

@FIREking
Yeah, There were a lot of issues when i packaged this last time. I asked for help in order to do so cause I couldn't get it to work and no one really supplied me with any so I kind of abandoned it.
Yut Put wrote:
LegendarySayianZ wrote:
Yes please work on it i love byond and every single game on here

YOUR FAVORITES LIST BEGS TO DIFFER

Lmfao
I just downloaded this to see if I could try and learn DM from a person's perspective instead of a textbook(albeit a person's perspective, not as detailed). I found it quite interesting and entertaining. Improve eet so I can learn more.
So I'm assuming that it was helpful to you? Did you already have prior knowledge to DM? Lol.
I read the DM guide about 100 pages like 3 times and gave up on it cos I was not understanding some parts but just had to go on for lack of further explanation. I can code Java so the references to Java helped me there. I'm currently enthused on coding DM after reading this. Been trying out some things. Please expand on it. It's a great help to me at least. :P
Is that necessary?
That's why I originally made this, The DM reference tends to overcomplicate things. At least that's how I felt beforehand. I'll be happy to expand this when I have time now that I know it'll be put to good use. :3
1. my favorites list, lol i just RECENTLY started favoriting stuff and im not done adding to it lol.
2. yeah it'll be put to good use might as well do it!
3. yeah you could dumb it down for people like silencedwhisper and such who needs to understand it easier and are having difficulty doing some of the things.
4. yes people would love to learn more from this believe me.
5.yeah i was aware that its a guide, i tried it back in like 09 and i didnt get anything so im like "im done" but now im older lol and i might give it a try.
6. yeah it really shows that people understand this with 200+ games on here and like 500+ inactive games so if oyu do work on it this site will grow to be bigger :P
In response to LegendarySayianZ
LegendarySayianZ wrote:
5.yeah i was aware that its a guide, i tried it back in like 09 and i didnt get anything so im like "im done" but now im older lol and i might give it a try.

Are you talking about the DM guide, or this? It sounds like your directing yourself towards this, when this wasn't even released until April 11th 2012.
He's not "dumbing it down". He's explaining using other points of references I can relate to.
Just out of curiosity considering I don't package things much - what would be the correct way to package this as it is, so I can fix it and re upload it for now?
Nice guide D-Cire , helped me understand things that I didnt get much on in the Blue Book (Printed DM Guide)
Yes work on it !!
Yut Put wrote:
LegendarySayianZ wrote:
Yes please work on it i love byond and every single game on here

YOUR FAVORITES LIST BEGS TO DIFFER
Yes! Good show!

(and yeah i know this is kinda old now, just read through this thread for the first time though :p)
I ended up with a bunch of small time projects/Life issues I had to deal with. After finishing a few small time things I'll be venturing back to this.