Mystic Journey

by Secxs
Entice your sense of exploration!
ID:1270798

Was playing with a friend, server goes down, been down for roughly 30 minutes. Not a big deal, but wouldn't it be potentially more beneficial to allow others to host for scenarios like that? I have a couple VPS's I could host on lag-free no problem at all. A lot of games that "end" because the project owner disappears or discontinues it could actually have a lot better longevity if host files are public.

Just a thought.
I appreciate the thought-sharing very much, but it's been my experience that letting other people host is a recipe for disaster. The trust factor involved has become a very complicated thing in the past. That is why the files haven't been made public yet.
I plan to have them downloadable at one point, like when the player beats the game on the main server, they win the ability to host their own server. That is in the works.

Anyway, all this being said, if ever the need does arise for a host I will definitely let you know. Thanks again for the offer :) It's appreciated muchly.
Sounds like a plan, and yeah, I can sympathize with that. All good man, thanks for the quick response.

And anytime. Have a good one.