What method are you using for autojoins? Cuz I bet I got something faster. Only problem is, mine only supports 47 state joins, nothing more or less.
In response to AERProductions
Well, I hate to hear that you're giving up on features. Find a way. Maybe hold off on some of those until you've got more experience. I search the forums a lot, I occasionally read forums for other similar languages looking for ways to do things if I can't find a way here. And I beat my head against my code repeatedly until it does what I want.
In response to FIREking
Right now I'm using a slightly tweaked version of Foomer's autojoining library. Always happy to take something faster though :)
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Well, I hate to hear that you're giving up on features. Find a way. Maybe hold off on some of those until you've got more experience. I search the forums a lot, I occasionally read forums for other similar languages looking for ways to do things if I can't find a way here. And I beat my head against my code repeatedly until it does what I want.

I generally do the same thing but sometimes I let my mind wander and create features I cannot successfully fulfill, like an enjoyable ranged combat system ~ that would take me too long to figure out and get working well so I just don't bother. That is most of the advanced features I designed, they were simply impractical to add to the game in an efficient manner.

I will be continually improving the game as much as I can though, just got to finally get it released.
Try this, its faster than foomer's but its based off of foomer's, and will work with lummoxjr's state numbering

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1142372

Let me know if you need help making it work with /turfs instead of using /auto_tile
Page: 1 2