ID:1272434

Resolved
BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 26.0.1410.64
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Alright I try to join a game, and sometimes the ad will not play and it will just keep saying your game will begin shortly, and the game never starts....
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: Launch Game

When does the problem NOT occur? Like 40% of the time when I try to a launch a game.

I'm lazy, I don't fill like filling all this unnecessary stuff out, when I'm so tired.

Yeah, I try to a join a game, it will say game will begin, then it will say purchase byond mmebership to get rid of ads at the top left, no ads will play at all and then it will get stuck at game will begin shortly.

After trying to join a game it will load the advertisement for 2-3 seconds I will hear a click and then it will goto the your game will begin shortly screen and just stay there endlessly.
In response to Kadamazaki
Hi, Kadamazaki. I know you're on version 499.1185, but it would help to know some more information about this issue. I've moved this to Beta Bugs, so when you get a chance please edit the post and fill in some information about your system. You can put in 499.1185 for the version using "Other".

Because it's relevant to this issue, I would also like to know the following:

1) Which version of IE is on your system?
2) Is Flash able to run in IE?

We have fallbacks for dealing with various scenarios, but we'll need some more info to help diagnose your problem.
Firefox and Yes
I have IE uninstalled entirely I believe
Your system must have some vestigial version of IE on it, or else browser controls in BYOND games wouldn't work.

I did discover there's a possible timing issue involved here that might be responsible for what you're seeing, although I don't see why it would ever happen. Please retest this in 499.1186 and let me know if that helps.
Issue is still present. It will start on the ad screen for 1 - 2 seconds skip forward and stay on the waiting screen endlessly. But sometimes if I close it and rejoin the game it will progress normally and let me into the game.
So I try to join any game on Byond and it says "your game will start shortly", but it never does.

Strangely enough it seems to load the first time, but then the window goes black and nothing happens. Subsequent attempts result in the "your game will start shortly" message again, but then it doesn't do anything, not even a progress bar.

What's going on here? The older versions of Byond all worked swimmingly.
I can't even say it's 40% of the time, when this doesn't happen, more like 20% of the time. I have to keep trying to restart my client and what not, for the ad to work and let me join game.
Clearly we have a common issue here. Please let us know what version of IE is installed on your system, whether it supports flash, and anything else you can think of. We'll probably have to do a debug session to suss this out, so also let us know what time you are most likely free to do some testing.
Okay deleted abobe updated internet explore redownloaded above make sure java is enabled. Ads are still giving certain issues with certain games. Other games they work just fine.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Funny my first started topic is from a bug. So on the new update, I'm going through the pager trying to adapt, it's all fine and dandy other than the fact I can't connect to any games. At first I think it's just the game or something, so I try smaller games. Still no luck. So I try popular games with obviously alot of players on it. (e.g. Bleach Las Noches, Naruto: Exodus) Still, after all the ads and such it says "Your Game is Starting" and I have a black screen. With every game.

~~Link to a screenshot since I don't know how to make attatchmenets: http://i.imgur.com/EnuC3rh.jpg ~~

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Yes
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Can't check

When does the problem NOT occur? Never.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? On the last version that was up 7 days ago,everything still worked. (

Workarounds:
None I've figured out.
In response to XE Silentninja
The games you've listed are games with a relatively large amount of resources - what is the longest amount of time you've waited?

Have you tried clearing your cache?
In response to XE Silentninja
Hi i just downloaded the new version of byond because i wanted to be able to page people. Now i cant join ANY games. It tell me your game will begin shortly. But then after that the window "byond: Your game is starting " just goes all black and does nothing. PLEASE HELP
We will try to resolve this today. I suspect all of these reports are due to the same thing, perhaps an antivirus program blocking the ads. Still, I'd think BYOND would fallback on something else and allow you to connect after the delay. So we'll see what's up. If anyone experiencing the problem has some free time to do some testing, let us know what your availability is.
The ad is being blocked, and if the ad is blocked, the byond client won't start the game.
Hello! I have a problem. I upgrated Byond for the new version and now i cant play the games. When i start a game it just says; "your game will begin shortly" and when it's done, i just have a black screen for more than 5 minutes. What can i do?? Can you help me please??
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
We will try to resolve this today. I suspect all of these reports are due to the same thing, perhaps an antivirus program blocking the ads. Still, I'd think BYOND would fallback on something else and allow you to connect after the delay. So we'll see what's up. If anyone experiencing the problem has some free time to do some testing, let us know what your availability is.

Its not antivurs i dont use one yet
Just remove the ads to fix the problem No point in having a non working game because of ads
In response to Narutogokuichigo4
Narutogokuichigo4 wrote:
Just remove the ads to fix the problem No point in having a non working game because of ads

It's probably a simple solution, and with this ads, byond can finally start to finally become a profitable business and hopefully we will become a bigger and better website.
Page: 1 2