ID:1272471

It's all fine and dandy, I really like the new pager overall. Great new little setup. The only thing I dislike is that non Byond members can no longer send pages, whatsoever. I think that's a load of crap. I believe we should go back to the way it was, where you could only send people that have you added on their pagers as well messages, unless you're a byond member in which case you can send messages to anybody.
Nothing should have changed with the sending policy. Non-BYOND members should be able to send pages to anyone who has fanned them or has had a recent conversation with them. If this isn't the case, it is a bug and not our intent.
If sending pages is a priority for you just become a member it's cheap, it's easy to do and for a yearly cost just pay it and forget about it.

You are paying for premium features and keeping BYOND alive.
I just tested with an alternate key. It lets me send pages still (though may be because it's the same computer). Neither of the keys are Byond members either. Though I have myself friend'ed
Anyone can send a page to a friend that also has you listed as a friend. Works perfectly fine with me, as I used it last night.
Strange, it doesn't allow me to send pages. At the bottom of the chat screen it says "Become a BYOND Member to send messages." I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to send messages or reply. And @ A.T.H.K. I'm still in school and don't have the financial capabilities to pay for the membership.
Does the person you want to page also have you as a friend?