Long live BYOND!
I got 90 day's. whoever it was thank you :)

Really helps me out for my upcoming release.

Hopefully everyone gets into this sort of spirit soon. I fully intend to support BYOND again once I get some more money.
BYOND earned $1161 today, woah!
In response to Eternal_Memories
On June 7th it earned $803 so far. You're adding a few cross-overs from the 6th.
Wow, nice use of Gamification on your income stream, now I want to donate $9,000 just to beat Teka.
Just out of interest, does all Memberships count towards our total or just gift ones? I only ask because BYOND wallet says I've hit $285 in memberships but that's including both gift and personal ones.

Edit: Also, $60,000 would be about x3 my 40 hour week wage over the year :o
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
I was more shocked by this:

Didn't know he was still around BYOND.

Imagine if you saw Nadrew's name
In response to Acebloke
Acebloke wrote:
Just out of interest, does all Memberships count towards our total or just gift ones? I only ask because BYOND wallet says I've hit $285 in memberships but that's including both gift and personal ones.

All Memberships should count. I'm showing your account at $270 (right at the all-time cutoff!) but we can double-check that.
Does the donation pool include ad revenue, subscriptions, etc (so we know how much is needed in just memberships/donations)? Also, will the overflow move on to the next month?
It resets each month (I didn't anticipate overflow but if we get that that's a great thing!) It doesn't include ad revenue or subs yet but we can provide that info at some point; like I said before, I don't necessarily want to disclose subs since that is primarily the dev/seller's business.
Perhaps, instead of disclosing individual subscription stats, maybe you could just include the number in total at some point? Even if its just updated once a month or something like that.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
It resets each month (I didn't anticipate overflow but if we get that that's a great thing!) It doesn't include ad revenue or subs yet but we can provide that info at some point; like I said before, I don't necessarily want to disclose subs since that is primarily the dev/seller's business.

Understandable, I was just curious if the 5000$ was based on what you expect we need through donations/membership (after expected revenue from ads/subs).

I am hopeful that at $5000/month in Memberships/donations, with the ad revenue + subs we could hit about $100K for the year which, while not great, would be enough to justify developing the project instead of developing the business model. That is, I could pay a reasonable full-time wage to Lummox JR and put in some time myself. As it stands now, he is not making much and I am making nothing and, as I've just about run out of money, it's really hard to push further.

So far things look promising! The key will be getting some sustainability beyond this first week or month. I am still looking for a higher volume of small-money first-time contributors, because that's the kind of thing that will keep this going long-term.
In response to Tom
Maybe game hubs could have a setting, which is hide by default, that chooses whether they show up in the listing or not? If they choose not to show, then it just shows up as Anonymous Game, or Anonymous Subscriptions. If they do show, then the hubs name and large icon could be shown.

Another option would be to not show the game or author at all for the amount, and just have it factored in to the fund-o-meter with no listing as to who provided the bump up. This would likely be the best way to handle ad revenue's impact on the fund-o-meter as well, in my opinion.

Yeah, we could certainly come up with some way of showing it. For now, I'll just tell you it isn't a huge amount, under $1000 a month. But, like I said, if a project really got some mainstream press, that could skyrocket and be the primary revenue source (assuming they wanted to share revenue with us).
We finally know the exact amount Teka has donated.
Almost half way there and still a week away from the half way point of the month. I'd say not too bad!
In response to Bandwagon
Defiantly would've sh*t myself.
In response to King_LiOnZ
King_LiOnZ wrote:
We finally know the exact amount Teka has donated.

This^

Also, I get paid in a few days. I can certainly contribute something.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35 36