Love

by Bloodocean7
A Short Story Of Love.
Yut Put wrote:
Brett, I would recommend that we stop whining about other people's games and work on making your own more presentable.

bretts games are VERY presentable
Dammit, Terrible icons, Brilliantly played out story :) looks so simple, but I couldn't stop till I finished, and that's something lol.

My icons are bad.. but probably better than yours :P perhaps I could make some bad icons for you :)?
@Teka123 I would be very honored if you would do that for me :) I am a awful artist and don't pretend otherwise lol I am sure with some decent art more people would give my games a second look. And thank you for playing I am glad you enjoyed it!
Awesome game , the story made up for the crappy icons xD and the part where you watched your family get devoured , I ... I.. I nearly cried. (Not really but the story was still very nice)
Yut Put wrote:
Blood, I'm interested in doing a stream on game design that I could use to show you and anybody else who watches some basic things regarding Dream Maker, design theory, and pixel art.

I think that will help you, and hopefully others, how to go in the right direction when developing a game with the BYOND engine.

Should definatly upload the stream to youtube afterwards or something incase im not there to watch. <3
@Yut Put I Would love to see it! Let me know the details and such I am sure I could learn a ton from you :)

@ A2J2TIWARI Well I am glad you like the game but yes I agree its a little shall we say under polished, I would like to add more however I kept scraping my ideas after I put them in because I didn't feel they worked with the story and sometimes I would get pretty fustrating Bugs in the game when I tried to make a decent fight between the monster. However I like this game and I will try to keep working at it, If I get some artwork for it and extend the story line and fix it up I think it could be pretty good or at least decent. :)
I don't want to be mean but I lol'd at every icon you attempted to do. I mean how many people have complain about those icons. Sorry.
Well I liked it , also Blood if your going to have the main pane re-sizable(being able to maximize the window) set anchors on the different panes or adjust the main pain by unchecking the re-size box.

Little tiny people ;)
@Mikey Reborn Thanks! I am glad you liked it and I will have to do that thanks for the tip! :)

@haiji Lol I don't blame you, I am a terrible artist and it pains me because I like to think I have alright ideas and I have the drive to make games but the artwork causes my games to look pitiful :P I have been trying to read pixel art tutorials, however I am not artistic in the least. Perhaps with time I will improve until then I am sorry for any vomiting or illness caused by my icons lol :)

@Flick See! Something like that would go a long way to improving this game! I really only need A man A Woman and a child, a monster and some basic turfs (tree grass the house and water, also cave wall and floor) it doesn't have much artwork really, I think I am going to work on this game and make it bigger with more to do :)
@flick Did you make these? if so are you using them for anything? and if not can I use them? what size are they?
I think hes making them for you.
The icons are 32x32 Blood that Flick posted.
perfect size for this game and if you are making these for me flick, thank you so much! :) I will use them if you allow it and you will be credited :)
The two males are just made with my old F_People icon generating program, which I guess isnt listed anymore. The female is edited from an old pixel piece of mine. (She's the one in the bottom center ;) You're welcome to them.

EDIT: I guess that should be 'the male and the monster'...
Thanks a million man! :) I will use them then :) I just need a couple of turfs now and if anyother artists want to help out I'd apperciate it greatly! If I have the artwork I have no excuse not to revamp this title into a much better game and add alot more to it :)
From a design standpoint, you should get rid of the default pixel movement, it makes it hard to navigate the tree line. Also you should remove the command tabs in any way possible (making everything function with clicks or other things) This game is pretty minimal, try to make even more so.

I would like to see perhaps more detailed pixel art from you. Pixel art in general isn't bad, as long as it is identifiable it works. This stuff is lazily done though- the art for Immortal Dream was better. Stay away from stick figures especially.

If you want some pointers, or even colab on this, page me.
I liked the stick figures. lol.
Page: 1 2 3 4