Love

by Bloodocean7
A Short Story Of Love.
ID:1285665

WARNING! DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS UNTIL AFTER YOU PLAY THE GAME SPOILERS MAY BE POSTED!

Update june 12th:
I added more quests a different map different controls (click to interact) and A alternate ending! Also a quest with your son!

Thank you all for your feedback and ideas and support and thank you Teka for all your help :)

Go on and try it out to see Teka's awesome art :)

Hey Byond!

Welcome to Love! A short story of the love between a guy and a girl and the life they build together.

In this game you play a man who needs to provide for his wife.

You must gather wood to build a home,
Start a family,
and Feed your family.

Overall you must protect the ones you Love.

Talk to your wife to get your next "Quest" :)

This is a very short game and I may add more in the future, however the ending to this story is somewhat of a twist ;)

BTW I was searching for good music to add to this game but nothing I found seems to fit, if you have a suggestion as to a good background song for the game let me know :)

I hope you will enjoy this game and keep an eye out for my future projects :)

Let me know in the comments if you liked it!

NOTE: Try not to post about the ending so you don't spoil it for anyone :) If you have found a bug or want to discuss the ending or anything else you can always message me :)

Also If you enjoy my games and want to repay me for my work I accept donations at my website:

http://HatandGlassesproductions.webs.com

I work making these games full time as of the moment and have very little income x.x So anything helps! :)

Thanks for playing!

Bloodocean7.
What absolute shit!. seriously BYOND get a grip!.
You have really interesting games bloodocean, they remind me of these random interactive flash games I used to find all over newgrounds. I look forward to your future projects!
In response to Dragon Emperor
You Sir are blind!
It's very reminiscent of those mid to late 80's adventure games. Obviously graphically it could be improved a lot, and the atmosphere would be helped considerably by sound (I ... had mine off, so maybe I missed that?). But it's a start, and I like that.
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 there is no improvement throughout all his listed games.

BYOND has so much potential but what happened here? If new users signed up and seen this on the latest games page they would leave... Most certainly!
BYOND doesn't particularly apply quality controls as such at this point, we get too few submissions. Our quality control mechanism basically stagnated the listings, prevented early exposure, and basically has done us no favours, as evidenced by the gradual decline in the userbase and stagnation of content.

As such, we've adopted a policy of tagging games instead, provided there is a basic sense of playability, which this game does have.
Well if that's the case, why has most of my unfinished but finished enough projects that are ready to be listed been declined?
When did you submit them?
Last year. LOL
In response to Brettpenzer
The new listing policy has only really been in effect for a few weeks now. I suppose we should probably make some sort of public announcement that the system has changed though. If you have a game that you'd like for us to look at under the new policies, just let us know.
@Brett: You are aware you're singling out a guy who is doing everything by himself and just started out? :\ At least he is working on small projects in succession and not hammering out a massive under taking such as: "Naruto's Last Revenge: Unlimited: Redux: Sasuke's Love... Or is it?: 6"

@BloodOcean7: Some of your projects have a unique charm to them but you should probably hold off on asking for money; keep up the work.
@Brettpenzer Look if you don't like my games don't play them, but don't troll them. I work hard to make free games for people, it is my hobby and my passion and I enjoy it. I am not a huge game company or 100 man team and I do the best I can with no budget and no help and every game I make I learn more and more. I like your games brett and I respect you, but I have to start somewhere and I don't mind constructive criticism but outright close-minded hate toward every one of my games is immature.

@jittai I realize I haven't gotten far enough to make money yet but I at least put the option out there as anything helps to try and continue doing this as frequently as I can. I appreciate you seeing that I am here to make original games, yes there not the best or most polished but I am testing the waters and seeing if I have the knack for game development. Thank you for your comment and btw I love your games and stranded got me hooked on byond way back :)

@Dragon Emperor Thank you for your kind words! I will keep making original games for people like you :)

@Stephen001 Thank you I also think they have that kind of feel as well and I am also trying to improve at pixel art, it seems those with a mind for programming sometimes get terrible art skills lol I also am looking for good music for this game and agree it would help the atmosphere :)

Over all thank you guys for playing and for your feedback I love this community and you inspire me to keep learning and trying I am humble about my skills and I am never going to claim I am a pro at this but I know a thing or two and learn more everyday :) I am thankful for the mature and warm community here that inspires me to keep learning and trying so that one day I too can perhaps make Byond history :)
Trying to get better? You won't if you publish a unfinished project and abandon it.

I am not trolling I'm giving my honest opinion.
Everyone of my games is different and I learn new things from it by trying out different genres of gameplay. I appreciate your opinion but instead of just saying its "shit" why not tell me where I can improve and tell me if anything what you liked and disliked so I can learn from it. I don't have money to throw around or a lot of time and I don't have any help I make these games for no profit to add to a community that has given me nothing but joy.

You don't need money to throw around on BYOND unless you're counting a membership as throwing money around.

I make great games (I think LOL) but I do not receive any money for making BYOND games. I thought about adding some form of subscription fees or what not but then I came to the question, who will actually pay to play a 2D BYOND game? I understand there are people that do but that question always passes me.

The only way you can get better is if you study programming, refine your art and then release a project that will grab some attention.
Brettpenzer wrote:
You don't need money to throw around on BYOND unless you're counting a membership as throwing money around.

I make great games (I think LOL) but I do not receive any money for making BYOND games. I thought about adding some form of subscription fees or what not but then I came to the question, who will actually pay to play a 2D BYOND game? I understand there are people that do but that question always passes me.

What a fantastic response. You take the least important part of his post and try to make something of it.

Brettpenzer wrote:
The only way you can get better is if you study programming, refine your art and then release a project that will grab some attention.

This is.. advice? BYOND needs guys like you helping out in the Dev forums, I see potential in you.
Brettpenzer wrote:

Or practicing Game design through, ya know, making games.
LOL. Me and Bloodocean7 have spoken about it.
Edit: I'd ask for your opinion if I needed it thanks

just go work on that game that uses ZXCVBNASDQWE to play. LOL
Page: 1 2 3 4