ID:1292125

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Ever so tired that you don't instinctively hit (CTRL + K) to compile your code after every line in DM?

And then after the big code you just made, you forgot to add a few apostrophes here, and a few quotation marks there.

The small hassle of having to fix the small errors would appear to be very inconvenient to the average Joe(Nerdy Version).

So, consider adding to the next Dream Maker an option for automatically fixing this small problem, won't you?
w....I mean....You shouldn't really be programming if you're missing apostrophes or quotation marks. :x
While we're at it, lets make DM fix all errors too, and runtime errors, oh oh, and bad programming.

Seriously though, this is just a case of lazy programmer, if you mess up you shouldn't expect the IDE to pick up the slack for you.
-1 Make a nadrew song if you are mad about what you said.(no offense to nadrew)
NetBeans has this, as an automatic as-you-type thing, and I hate it.

Dream Maker cannot decide what you want your code to it. The compiler has a hard enough time reporting lines where parentheses, or commas are missing - this could potentially mess it up more.
Yeah, Microsoft Visual Studio has something similar, SSX. It's a piece of shit. Sure it can be helpful on where you're going to lead into sometimes, but other than that it gets in the way.
I went through the hell of this suggestion in codeacademy's practicing for Java. Annoyed me how it kept doing it.
Eclipse adds and extra quotation mark when you initialise the first one leaving the cursor in the middle o the two, its handy although annoying if you only want one quotation mark...
In response to A.T.H.K
That's a better idea, and as I said, only an option.
In response to BoyDolphin
BoyDolphin wrote:
(no offense to nadrew)

Scared of Nadrew? Oh look! He wrote your name with no cap at the N, that shows how he dislikes you!

BAN HAMMAH!
In response to Dark-DVF
Dark-DVF wrote:
BoyDolphin wrote:
(no offense to nadrew)

Scared of Nadrew? Oh look! He wrote your name with no cap at the N, that shows how he dislikes you!

BAN HAMMAH!
Shhh he can sense fear.

BoyDolphin wrote:
Dark-DVF wrote:
BoyDolphin wrote:
(no offense to nadrew)

BAN HAMMAH!
Shhh he can sense fear.

From now on, you will address Nadrew as:"Your Highness" or "Ban Hammer Holder, Overlord Nadrew".
Back to the topic - It be like having an auto-correcter. Dream Maker is good enough. Those quotation mark and apostrophe are auto used in my head.