ID:1292657

Whenever I log on to my pager I get this message, "The BYOND Hub is currently unreachable. Some functionality will be unavailable". But my internet is connected, and working fine. This error is making it so I cannot join any games, or page any of my friends. Any ideas on how to fix this?
What version of BYOND are you running, and do older versions work?
I'm currently using the 499.1193 pager download for windows, and I have yet to try any older versions as I removed them from my computer with the update.
Well I uninstalled byond, and reinstalled it as my friend told me to, and it seems to be working so far.
Maybe it was a firewall issue with Windows blocking the install for some reason?
Quite possibly, but reinstalling seemed to fix it as of right now, thanks anyways ^.^
Bump. I still have this EXACT same problem, even though my firewall is off, Norton uninstalled, and windows denfender off. Any suggestions ?
Sorry for double post, but I FINALLY got it to work.
What did you do to fix it?
I did the simplest thing...and right now feel quite stupid and ignorant for what I put everyone through.

I cleared my byond cache and unstilled byond completely via control panel(vista hp) and then installed the new version and it worked.
We should probably do better automated cache clearing if that is actually fixing things.
I don't know, but thanks. I like the version, though a tutorial would be nice :D
I tried the things listed above, they didnt help me. Im still here with the "The Byond HUB is currently Unreachable, Some functionality will be unavailable." message. And attempting to lunch a game yeilds either "The Byond HUB is currently unreachable" or simply "Connection Failed".
Response to Jariahtoadsage
Step 1.) Determine your Router Name, located on the router itself, usually where the MAC ID is printed.

Step 2.) Locate your Router: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ routerindex.htm by Manufacturer, then Model.

Step 3.) Scroll down and find BYOND Dream Seeker Host*** and READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. This is vital, this is not an operators manual that you can skip through. If your router requires a static port, then follow the instructions for setting that.

***If you are having trouble connecting to BYOND at all, using the BYOND Pager Client, forward ports: 6001 & 20002.
These are the two BYOND Hub ports, 6001 being primary and 20002 being secondary.
Located in: C:\Users\(Windows Username)\Documents\BYOND\cfg\byond.txt

^Feel free to copy and paste, for assisting others who are having issues port forwarding, hosting, or whatever variation of the term they may have.