ID:1293712

What's up? It's been a while. I'm still kicking and slowly working towards a finished product.

First off.. What is a good program to use to record gameplay?

Can I get my video onto the Byond website? Or will I need to use YouTube and just link it here?

Where's the best place to put my video on Byond so the most people will see it?

My plan was to release a short video preview of Elander then hopefully by the end of this month have something playable to show the public.
Hmm I'm not to used to recording things myself, I know of Fraps and Camstudio.

You will have to upload it onto YouTube, Then you can display it as an embedded video by simply typing youtube:"the last part of the link" into your post.

It'll be good to have the video linked to your media section in your games hub, other than that make sure you add it in a game update post.
xsplit is great, but it cost. If you have the money, I recommend it.

For BYOND games, though, fraps doesn't appear to work for me, though that's paid too(there are limitations to the free version). Bandicam or another screen capture software would work fine. Most have a free version, then paid features(most limit your time and give a watermark until you purchase it).
FRAPS is kind of iffy. From my experience, it is somehow able to capture more than what the player sees. For example, even if I have the view set to like, 5, once I record and play the video back, it looks like I had complete view of everything as if I had the view set to 30 or something. It could be changed now though, I haven't used it on BYOND recently.
It wasn't going to be very long, 30 second maybe. I've tried the free version of Fraps in the past and it's been flakey, but I'll see if I can find any of these other programs online anywhere. Thanks!