Azusa RP Online

by Inutaishos
Azusa RP Online
New Game Mode: Battle Arena, and Free to play steam period!
ID:1293758

Announcing the first video and introduction of Azusa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCrBS5niEis

The game is about to be released, keep your eyes at the hub and site to know more about the updates!
Looks interesting, I really like the hand drawn artwork if anything.
Thanks, good you liked, I do the art and almost everything else myself....

Every cutscene gonna have a hand drawn part like this, and as the player find out a page about the main story, he can load and watch the cutscene etc...
The hand drawn art work is mostly fantastic.

Everything else......

okay not gonna lie the video made me laugh hysterically with how bad it was multiple times. especially when they were punching each other.
Ok mister genius that create games copy of skyrim with balls as characters...
I love getting advices from haters that didnt find out that its more attractive to play the original version of skyrim then a 2d bad drawn one.

I just don`t see me loltrolling your games, leave Azusa alone lol... Seems like you are just too worried about it. Don`t make me mention at how many times I loled at ur games, we have diffrent playerbases and player focus, and gaming opnions.

Do you expect me to make a 3d animation to the cutscenes? I bet when I do so you will also criticise lol, Ur funny.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. If you don't want people to hate your guts around here, and in life, learn to take some criticism. I wasn't stating it as a matter of opinion. I'm saying that your video is poorly presented and there are sections that are so awkward that they are humorous. Your video was recording the entire computer's screen. It looks like a really bad fan-made video. The music at the end didn't fit it very well and was actually rather strange. It looked like you had this big vision in your head of what you wanted it to be, but you didn't follow through because it was either too much work or you just couldn't deliver it because you're new to presenting information through game design. On the positive side, however, your hand-drawn pieces are very nice and actually kind of professional.

Your game, as a whole, is poorly put together. If you were to present it to a professional game developer, or any gamer, for that matter, you'd be laughed at.

Just because I don't like your game doesn't mean I'm some form of "hater".

Here's the bottom line:
-You overreacted to criticism, and started insulting me, which really wasn't necessary or mature.
-You should look at other games and honestly ask yourself whether or not that cutscene was awkward.

As for your comments regarding my game, I'm sorry you feel that way about the art style. I'm trying my best to deliver something professional and realistic, and I'm the sole person doing all of the artwork and programming. You're the first person to express extreme dislike of the art, however.
Omg I didnt insult u, I insulted ur game .-. and called u hater cuz seriously "I loled at how bad everything else is, look at the punches" gosh isn`t constructive critics, Never said Azusa is a professional game, its a independet game made by a single man. Wellp, atleast you have a large team helping u to keep things polished.

I would accept easilly you saying "Your arts sucks" then what you said, cuz the "everything else" isnt even quite well presented in that video, its a video that shows the game introduction, not the game itself .... D:

And wellp, I am around watching/creating/owning and dealing with a large playerbase since alooong time.. Since 2004 I have PWO runing with a decent revenue, yet for a fangame made by a "kid". ABout the game deisgning, I infact know enough about game design to say that the world is filled of game simply polished but with boring content. I don`t want to fight the 9000 polished games around, so the focus on Azusa isn`t the polishment .-.

I honestly wouldnt play your game becouse its not the style of game I like to play, but I understand that there are people that would. Same goes here, Azusa isn`t designed to be bought by professional game developers, nor need their helps. Its an idependent game, and there is no problem to look like an independent game. My game design isn`t in the art, as I suppose yours isn`t too...
Btw yeah the video is funny and I know it. I just reacted that way becouse its not the first time you come with poor criticism here, no one that would play Azusa for 3 minutes would get what its about enough to make a decent constructive critic, and again I doubt you did in the first open test when you gave ur "game suks" opnion...
In response to Inutaishos
Inutaishos wrote:
Omg I didnt insult u, I insulted ur game .-. and called u hater cuz seriously "I loled at how bad everything else is, look at the punches" gosh isn`t constructive critics, Never said Azusa is a professional game, its a independet game made by a single man.

If you don't want criticism, so that your game can be closer to being "professional", or at least acceptable, then you should explicitly say, "I'm not looking for any criticism, because I don't want to hear anything you people have to say unless it's positive." Whether the game was made by a single person or not is irrelevant. If it is poorly done, then that is an immutable fact and has nothing to do with how much effort you put in, but rather, how skilled you are as a game developer.

Wellp, atleast you have a large team helping u to keep things polished.

The only person who works on Epic:Legend other than myself is Blazekid, and he does so maybe once a week to add to the world map. Absolutely everything in the game, other than the music, was made by me. I don't have a large team whatsoever, and the people who have worked with me have only contributed to the map, which has nothing to do with "keeping it polished".

I would accept easilly you saying "Your arts sucks" then what you said, cuz the "everything else" isnt even quite well presented in that video, its a video that shows the game introduction, not the game itself .... D:

If you show that video to someone outside of your small fanbase, they will likely have a similar response. If you want to present your game to people so that they are interested in playing it, then I would recommend not presenting it like a ten year old presents his Minecraft let's play.

And wellp, I am around watching/creating/owning and dealing with a large playerbase since alooong time.. Since 2004 I have PWO runing with a decent revenue, yet for a fangame made by a "kid". ABout the game deisgning, I infact know enough about game design to say that the world is filled of game simply polished but with boring content. I don`t want to fight the 9000 polished games around, so the focus on Azusa isn`t the polishment .-.

It has nothing to do with polish. Fundamentally, you are a bad game designer because you lack experience making games. If you were to participate in a contest like Ludum Dare which involves making a short, simple game in a short amount of time, the game you would make would likely be poorly designed and executed, if you could make one at all.

I honestly wouldnt play your game becouse its not the style of game I like to play, but I understand that there are people that would. Same goes here, Azusa isn`t designed to be bought by professional game developers, nor need their helps. Its an idependent game, and there is no problem to look like an independent game. My game design isn`t in the art, as I suppose yours isn`t too...

Your game design isn't tangible whatsoever.

Btw yeah the video is funny and I know it. I just reacted that way becouse its not the first time you come with poor criticism here, no one that would play Azusa for 3 minutes would get what its about enough to make a decent constructive critic, and again I doubt you did in the first open test when you gave ur "game suks" opnion...

If your game was good, and worth playing, then perhaps I, along with many, many others, would have not taken the time to say that.
@ Inutaishos most creative thing ive seen on byond next to spirit age keep up the good work..love the art work this is impressive so far... especially so early in development...what does Azusa mean tho?
Thanks Xyberman! really good to see you liked it :P
And Azusa is a reference to the Azusa street in Los Angelis (if I am not wrong .-.) where happened one of the most relevant christians avivals of modernity.. I was searching for a name and ended up loving it :D

Ingame its related to the era of peace when Death Lord dies, and good side wins the great war :D in the past (while DL always won) it was known that the savior (jesus analogy) character would bring Azusa to the world... There are some other things related to Azusa ingame but I prefer not to spoil xP
Oh gosh this game dreadful.