ID:1296654

My little friend needs some assistance, how can I improve him?

moving
still

I was working on making my own little base icon in hope that I could do it without help. However, I am only new so I cannot resist the help. How can I make my new friend have a little more style to his animation? (The icon should be saturated a bit like it is.)
Maybe add two more frames to make the movement a little more fluid. You're buddy here isn't terrible, but he could do for looking more alive and less robotic.
When he is in motion in game going south he just looks odd.
Have you tried matching the speed of which it appears the icon is moving to the mobs movement speed in the game?
Meh, yeah.
I know what I did. I did not build the face proportional to the body very well. :)
Change his head, here's a tip that a lot of people use for heads, including me, Zane i think, and Sykiden i hope xD.
<three dots to start Make this shape. then round off the top add ears if you want. But since you need help on animation here's my suggestion.

Changes i made: Don't bobble his head by shortening his neck btw. Something i do with the legs is just cut it off and extend one, it helps with smaller bases.

EDIT: Had to change links cause Tinypic wasn't working or it just fails me.

That is what i changed lol. :)
Left leg Forward >> Right arm forward. The arms only seem to be going in one direction then back to normal instead of swinging. Also, don't bobble the head. It's kinda supposed to be 2.5D so the bobbing isn't so visible, especially for a small base.
still

Hmm..
World War Z actors!

Oh, Tik Tok by Kesha came on the radio while watching the icons o.o Now I need some Emo hair and it is good.

Oh, any advise on how to make the east and west states? o.o
Still no swing

In neither arms nor legs

Think about it like this;
-There is a rest/normal state for the arms/legs
-Thus, there should be a "backward" swing state
-And also a "forward" swing state

Walking motion simply cycles between those.

This is what I finished with. o.o
 photo edited.gif
^This.
stop thinking x,y and start thinking x,y,z what does this mean? dont think of him as 2d, even tho he is, think of him as 3d, theres space behind him, in real life your arms swing back and forth, so his arms can go behind him, and then in front of him

Pic:

no pic here was too lazy