ID:1298441

Resolved
The Home tab did not display for some users.
BYOND Version:499.1195
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 27.0.1453.116
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When starting up the BYOND pager I get a black screen on the Home tab and when I click on the Feed tab I just get a "post an update" button.

If I click on the Feed tab and then click on the Home tab, the "post an update" button will still be visible.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Open BYOND pager
2. Click Feed Tab
3. Click Home Tab

Expected Results:
The Home tab will show something. The feed tab will show something

Actual Results:
Both tabs don't really show anything and the "post an update" button doesn't go away.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? N/A
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
It always occurs

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
It was working fine on version 499.1194

Workarounds:
Reinstall 499.1194

Extra Information
I guess a picture would be more helpful:

When I first open the pager:

When I press the feed tab for the first time:

When I press the home tab after pressing the feed tab:

Have you tried stuff like clearing your cache, or deleting the /pager folder?
Yes and nothing has changed. Also, When you log in usually you get the little alerts in the tray that your favourite game is online and your friends are online, I can hear those sounds but I can not see the pop up. This was working in 499.1194
This would suggest there's an error happening on the home tab, yet this didn't come up in testing for me or Tom and is still working correctly now. There were changes to the home tab.

I do see one item in the code that might account for this, but if my system isn't freaking out about it, I don't see why yours should be. It's a simple undefined variable and those should be handled just fine. Is there anything unusual about the way IE is setup on your system (and also, what version is it)?

[edit]
Undefined variables would cause an issue in JavaScript's strict mode, which is supported in IE 10. However, we're not using that mode.
I'm getting this too. Before updating the Chatters game page wouldn't load its hub content, it just sat there with the little load icon spinning. I upgraded the pager to find the home tab completely empty.

The Chatters tab seems to load now just fine.

[Edit] Turns out I'm not actually logged into my key. I logged into Chatters as a guest. Here's what my home tab looks like when I tab back over to it from Chatters.
In response to SuperAntx
Can you tell me which IE version you have and if there's anything special about its setup? From what I can tell, the pager is acting like JS strict mode is turned on and that should definitely not be the case.

I can have the minor issue that would trip up strict mode fixed for the next version either way, but it'd be good to know why it's triggering for you and not for others.
IE: 10.0.9200.16618

There's nothing special about my setup, IE auto-updates but it's not my default browser.
Sorry I haven't replied I will find out when I get home.
I am running IE: 8.0.7601.17514

I have not used IE since installing my OS and I have never updated it so I don't think there is anything special about my setup either. IE is not my default browser.
Also, I would like to add that before installing 1195 the alerts from the tray would show up. When I installed 1195 the alerts did not show but I could hear the sounds, I uninstalled 1195 and reinstalled 1194 and now I can no longer see the alerts but I can hear the sounds.
This is happening for me on 1195 as well. I don't use internet explorer and I have whatever version windows update forcefully installs without my permission.

Happens for me too.

IE 10.0.9200.16618
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
The Home tab did not display for some users.