ID:1306500

Well since I am unable to find someone to icon for me I thought I would give it a try. So I kind of wanted to post samples to see what tips I can get.

Sample 1

This is the current one I'm on.

Sample 2

This is what I before that the only real change is the arms but I'm not sure which looks better.

Sample 3

Mostly shading for detail.
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:

@Vrocaan
Makes me think of buying a cat

@Yut Put
I really like the pixel art in this program its nothing like blitzmax but it still amazes me.
In response to Vrocaan
I see your cat and raise you this:
In response to NNAAAAHH
I see your eagle and raise you this:
In response to Vrocaan
I see your freedom and raise you this:
Archfiend Master wrote:
Well since I am unable to find someone to icon for me I thought I would give it a try. So I kind of wanted to post samples to see what tips I can get.

Sample 1

This is the current one I'm on.

Sample 2

This is what I before that the only real change is the arms but I'm not sure which looks better.

Sample 3

Mostly shading for detail.

The perspective is off on these icons; remember that the classic BYOND perspective is what's known as the "Three Quarters View" -- your icons as they stand now are more indicative of the sidescrolling game view (ala Megaman, Super Mario, etc.)

Unless it is intended, your characters look like they're incredibly tensed up. Try to draw your characters with more curved features to demonstrate a more relaxed, natural look (the shoulders are a great place to start!)

Anatomically speaking, there is a vast difference between upper (chest and up) and lower (legs and down) body strength. I would recommend toning down the chest area to give the icon more overall balance.

There also doesn't appear to be any sort of a light source, so your icons appear flat.

Just my two cents.
Looks like you are trying to cramp in too much detail into a small icon. Also, the color contrast between the muscular tones and the actual skin is too distracting. I suggest using a color closer to the skin color and not the same as the outline.

Also I'm not sure what perspective you are making this icon for but if it is 2.5D, the icon is a tad off.
Well i gave a try to this, and ended up with this.

http://i36.servimg.com/u/f36/17/71/13/19/ghost_12.png

I experimented a bit and ended up with these.

http://i36.servimg.com/u/f36/17/71/13/19/base_n10.png

I'm still having troubles with the arms, and body though.