Murder Mansion

by SuperSaiyanGokuX
Murder Mansion
Not for the faint of heart...
ID:1310015

you're alive!
;)
Nigga..........you need to hit us with another exclusive.
Good lord, I have been waiting for this day for years now...
Yes, as the above may have made some of you suspect, there is an update to Murder Mansion coming! This was just a little teaser before I wrap it up and get ready for "launch" (mostly because for the past few months I've been keeping my work a secret, but I can't take it anymore so I had to leak a little bit out)

Oh, and that screenshot shows a bit of the new look (updated graphics, slightly new HUD layout, a bigger view, directional footprints, etc.), but the coming update is much bigger than just that. MUCH bigger.

So...

Get Ready.
Can you make it so that when you bump into people with a weapon currently equipped it attacks them? It's easier then the current method I feel.
Well, yes and no.

As the game is currently programmed (though I'm not sure if it is only this way in my copy, or if this is already the way it works in the publicly available version), if you bump into someone while running if you're carrying a weapon, it gives a chance of dealing a little damage to them.

However, I do not want it to be as easy as making bump perform a full-on attack. I do want to keep at least the level of difficulty (and therefore, skill, stealth, and planning) that having to click on them forces you to have.

However, having said that, I did make it a little easier by adding a full 32-pixel-diameter circular shadow underlay to the player icons. This makes their overall clickable area as big as that circle, instead of having to be precise enough to hit just the pixels in their bodies.
Brilliant! Thank you! I'm amazed you replied so quickly frankly.
Any ETA for the Update? And have the Bots grew any semblance of Intelligence?
The ETA on the update is... ASAP. :)

I don't want to be too specific. My copy of the game is releasable as it currently stands, but there are still some things on my To Do List so I'm not quite ready. (it's mostly down to some added maps and game modes; my work on the game engine itself is more or less finished)

However, I can say that I've given myself a deadline that this update must come within this month (this month is a significant milestone for MM), so the very latest I'll let it go will be July 31st. It will likely be sooner than that.

As for the AI, well anything is an improvement over the version in the public release, right? lol I never realized that they were that broken. But even so, the AI in the coming update has received a lot of attention. A lot.
Thanks man. This is one of the games that defines BYOND in my opinion. Also new maps?! AND Gamemodes!? I am very excited now... Also BYOND doesn't appear to have some problems it used to so I may host it a bit now.
Any hints on the new Gamemodes? Or Maps?