ID:1311147

Hello all, I just wanted to get this out there that some alpha screenshots for Pondera have been released; keep in mind that the product is in alpha shape, the interface screenshot is merely an example of the players perspective and changes all the time with improvements and additions.

I also wanted to mention that I am not looking for critique or criticism, these are alpha graphics and as the sole person working on the game it takes time to refine every aspect of the game so please be considerate if you intend to comment.

More screenshots may be released in the future, if interest inquires.

The game itself is still being tested and verified, which is ironing out very basic bugs and tying together loose ends to assure the first time You play Pondera, you enjoy it without finding some small game-breaking bug that should have already been corrected.

Check the hub for screenshots:

http://www.byond.com/games/AERProductions/Pondera

I am not doing this to advertise; I am simply assuring that Pondera's graphics will remain Pondera's graphics and that it is known that these are from Pondera and nothing/no one else, I've made them all myself.

Thank you all for your time, much appreciated.
I am looking forward to this, I hope it has some great gameplay as well to go with those screenshots. If so, I bet I'd love playing it.
"...some small game-breaking* bug that should have* already been corrected."

Love the Pondera banner/logo though. Seems interesting. I shall follow.
You don't have to worry about anyone stealing your art.
Did Developous design your interface by any chance?
You guys could say that his interface is really distracting in a nicer way...
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Did Developous design your interface by any chance?

Nope, probably stole it from me my project has been in development longer than that person has been a member.

Furthermore, those with negative comments simply don't have the comprehension to read that it is an alpha production and that nothing is permanent; I realize some of the interface colors are not great but they are also not permanent.

It is just an example, essentially.

There is so much work for one person that the little polish here or there is really last on the list, polish like font color.
If you don't like it, move along and please don't play.

I don't need your critique it will not be utilized in any facet so you might as well just go away and stop trying to drag me down to your level.

Trying to trash my thread with negative stuff, which is why people avoid the Byond Forums to begin with.

As I had just previously mentioned, I hadn't gotten around to changing simple things like COLORS because there is more important work to be done before hand, thank you do not come again.
Yut Put wrote:
I'm not trying to drag you down or anything, I'm saying that your interface is bad and that you should try fixing the color scheme.

Nobody will be interested in your game if you don't present it nicely. I'm not "thrashing your thread with negative stuff"

It's called criticism. Shake its hand and become friends, because you'll sound like an ignorant prick until you do.

And I had specifically asked that I didn't want criticism, you are the one coming off as a jerk by posting when someone asked you very politely not to post.

I understand the chat colors are not even what I want them to be, they are not actively set to that with any intention they are just being ignored because I am busy fixing bugs and adding content, colors and polish is for later; Consider that it isn't technically released so by the time you play the chat text color will be completely different.

I asked for consideration and you refused, yes, I become angry when people ignore what I politely ask and do whatever they want.

Also consider that it isn't your project so you could be respectful and simply say nothing or point it out and then mind your own but you insist on ruining the thread with nonsense, like every other byond thread ~ which is why this community is looked down upon (which I am trying to change, but you are making it hard).

Quit while you are ahead, Yut.

@ post below ~ Looks like you post on threads with your eyes closed. I am no longer going to honor you with a response, Yut Put. The main purpose of refusing critique on an alpha project is probably because what you see may not remain the same, duh? BTW thanks for ruining the thread which seemed to be your only objective.
In response to AERProductions
AERProductions wrote:
Yut Put wrote:
I'm not trying to drag you down or anything, I'm saying that your interface is bad and that you should try fixing the color scheme.

Nobody will be interested in your game if you don't present it nicely. I'm not "thrashing your thread with negative stuff"

It's called criticism. Shake its hand and become friends, because you'll sound like an ignorant prick until you do.

And I had specifically asked that I didn't want criticism, you are the one coming off as a jerk by posting when someone asked you very politely not to post.

I understand the chat colors are not even what I want them to be, they are not actively set to that with any intention they are just being ignored because I am busy fixing bugs and adding content, colors and polish is for later; Consider that it isn't technically released so by the time you play the chat text color will be completely different.

I asked for consideration and you refused, yes, I become angry when people ignore what I politely ask and do whatever they want.

Also consider that it isn't your project so you could be respectful and simply say nothing or point it out and then mind your own but you insist on ruining the thread with nonsense, like every other byond thread ~ which is why this community is looked down upon (which I am trying to change, but you are making it hard).

Quit while you are ahead, Yut.

@ post below ~ Looks like you post on threads with your eyes closed. I am no longer going to honor you with a response, Yut Put. The main purpose of refusing critique on an alpha project is probably because what you see may not remain the same, duh? BTW thanks for ruining the thread which seemed to be your only objective.

Don't, blame him for trying to share his opinion. If you want to make a good a game, you should listen to the opinions other people have. Also, if you say you don't want criticism people will just try to do it even more next time just stay shut and instead of writing a big block of code that he is wrong just stand up and say you are correct i need to change the skin.
Whatever Yut said, just add more details and "fancy" words, along with some sexual innuendos.
I have no clue why you would post a screenshot on the forums and expect your wishes for no criticism to come true.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
I have no clue why you would post a screenshot on the forums and expect your wishes for no criticism to come true.

He's not posting to advertise. He's not posting for criticism. He claims his purpose was to establish the fact that the graphics you see in the screenshots belong to him. Which makes no sense since he's stated several times the graphics are all temporary and will be scrapped later on. Why he's going to such great lengths to try to protect place-holder artwork that he's not even going to use in the final version is beyond me. As Vroc said, no one is going to be interested in stealing Pondera's art, I'm not sure what's making him so paranoid.
I'm sure your mechanics and idea's for game play are amazing and I wish you great success with the release of your game.

That being said I think your out of line, Yut is giving you some sound advice. It would have been more polite to simply say obviously he's correct but you have higher priorities than the UI, rather than being brash and uncouth.

Whilst your art is at this unpolished of a state I doubt you have to worry about someone stealing and using it though so this really should not have been high on your list of priorities either.
Based on what you've shown, I wouldn't even try the game. We're trying to tell you that the presentation matters and you should be more open minded. Unless you are only making the game for you and you alone, then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks!
I guess what every should just say is that if the screenshots/presentation/art isn't good enough or at the optimal stage, don't make a post specifically for screenshots/presentation/art because frankly, I don't think the art is quite good. Maybe it's placeholder art but even as placeholders, ...eeehhh..
When I started making games Yut Put gave me good advice and if it may seem harsh it is so that you can fix those issues so you have a better project overall. Yut Put is only trying to help and has the best intentions.

I would recommend taking comments more open minded and realize no one here is trying to bash you, rather they hope for your success.
I'm sorry about my initial reaction and I have given some much needed attention to the font color in question and it has been remedied and the screenshot has been updated.

I had been having a bad week so my reaction was unrelated.

My initial reasoning still stands though, I just hadn't been paying much attention to the font color as I've been dealing with the programming and the graphics ~ you are still justified in pointing out that the font did have a bad selection of colors but I want to certify that it was not intentional.

Thank you all for showing interest in my project and regardless of what I've said prior, I do take your critique into consideration.

Thanks again and I appreciate your time.