In response to Lugia319
If you've got the cash, yeah. I don't even draw a lot and I don't regret spending $100 on my Wacom Bamboo Capture tablet. It's good for when I feel like drawing.

Side note: Tablets are wonderful - especially because of pressure sensitivity.
Just bought one of those last week, for a friend though. He says it's awesome
I'll see if I can scrounge up $50 then.
I want to buy a newer/bigger tablet mine is quite small and oldish though it still works great.
This reminds me of that gargoyles cartoon back in the mid 90s... does anybody else remember that? Or am I too old here?
That show was fabulous. I'm only 20 so I don't think you're too old since I remember it too. I remember that Goliath was always faaaaaaar too serious.

Why so serious, Goliath?
That show had some awesome voice acting.
I remember it, and I'm 18. My 7 year old sister knows what it is (That's probably my fault more than the TV).
Hm I guess its not that old then, they don't make cartoons now like they used to, shame.
I think I saw it on the HUB at one point, gave me the feels.
I was waiting inside the lobby of my apartment complex one day during my lunch break, and there was a kid there watching cartoons. The cartoon was images of fruit, with real faces attached. That had to be the most creepiest thing I've seen in a while. I genuinely felt bad for the kid.
What happened to the good ol' days of Sailor Moon and Gundam?
In response to Suicide Shifter
That's annoying Orange, and is hopefully a fad. It started/sold onto CN from Youtube. They wanted to also get Leo&Satan but would have involved losing rights to the creator.
In response to Suicide Shifter
Suicide Shifter wrote:
I was waiting inside the lobby of my apartment complex one day during my lunch break, and there was a kid there watching cartoons. The cartoon was images of fruit, with real faces attached. That had to be the most creepiest thing I've seen in a while. I genuinely felt bad for the kid.

Annoying Orange Creepy but funny sometimes.

EDIT: Really? I come home from work, see an eight hour old post with no responses, and Jittai responds to it while I'm typing... ;)
Anytime. :)
I made an attempt with the tablet.

I don't think it's that bad. I think I just need practice. The tablet takes some getting used to though.
In response to -._.DreamBunny._.-
-._.DreamBunny._.- wrote:
MechaCloud wrote:
I'm not much for giving CC or teaching or whatnot so I figured I'd just knock up a version, just to show you what it could look like with so work and practice.

Mechs Gorgoyle

Not that this is great it's only about 45mins to an hours work for the full piece, and is still at a very rough stage.

It looks amazing i love the moon.

The wings look like they have two fingers sticking out of it.

Thanks =) yeah it has talon/claws on the wings, not sure why was just a design choice.
In response to MechaCloud
MechaCloud wrote:

Thanks =) yeah it has talon/claws on the wings, not sure why was just a design choice.

Just pointing out here that this is actually the way wings work on real (non-insect) creatures. The bones that support the wings are actually "fingers", and a "thumb" sometimes sticks out.

In birds, the "fingers" have generally fused into one, with a very vestigial "thumb" hidden under the feathers (sort of similar to how the toes are fused together into a hoof in horses and such), but in a bat (and gargoyles seem to generally have bat-like wings), each "spine" in the wing is an extended finger.

So it could be considered anatomically correct to have the spines of a bat-like wing end in talons, and to have a "thumb"-like digit sticking out near the "wrist" joint.

And since this is a mystical creature, there's no reason to not make that two "thumbs".

So basically what I am saying is that your design choice is correct based on analogous real-world anatomy.
Page: 1 2