ID:1318835

I've found myself recently listening to music (Zedd) while I program. I used to be stoically set on writing code in dead silence, but nowadays I enjoy not feeling so alone. How does everyone else like their programming environment?
I jam to my mood. Usually when I'm programming I'm pretty mellow, so I'll put on Dispatch. Other times I'll put on Macklemore (His calmer, slower songs that are great).
Aqua - Barbie girl.
I dare you.
I listen to podcast or watch something while I program, it's easy for me to look away from the code while I write to watch the video I have playing on the second half of the screen, then look back when I've lost interest or finished a segment and need to check for errors of my own.

If I listen to music, it's rare and pretty random. If I were to actually take time to play music just for my programming, I'd pick up some classical, personally. I like how calming it can be.
In response to Wissam
Wissam wrote:
Aqua - Barbie girl.
I dare you.

Don't tempt me boy.
Music( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmPkP0W7mPY ) or stand-up comedians ^-^
With camgirls in the background.
While I don't program, when I do digital art of any sort, I tend to listen to music, Zufall, or Skype. The Skype tends to count as music, as FalconLazorz sings all the freakin' time.
In response to Vrocaan
You really need a better mic though, for serious.

if this doesn't get you pumped to program some dm codes i dont know what will
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
if this doesn't get you pumped to program some dm codes i dont know what will

hey man nice song what is it?
Sandstorm, by Darude. It's a nice dance beat.
I listen to pandora with my "OHGODWHATISTHIS" channel. Features Goreshit and Deathgrips.
In response to Solomn Architect
Solomn Architect wrote:
Sandstorm, by Darude. It's a nice dance beat.

Lol! I usually Pandora "Zedd" when I'm in the mood for some nice house, trance or glitch. He's a fantastic artist. When I'm in the mood for something harder and with some grit, I typically swap over to Skrillex Radio until it start playing UK dubstep, then that's my queue to swap back xD
In response to Solomn Architect
Just to clarify, the joke is that commonly on Streams when a song is playing and someone asks what song it is (Because there's almost always an indication to the song somewhere anyway), everyone simply replies with "Sandstorm- Darude".

Usually heavy metal, if I want to get serious.
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
Usually heavy metal, if I want to get serious.

xD
I'm not even joking, metal in general is my preferred medium for programming. Basically anything that's meant to pump you up against some kind of challenge or foe works for driving me to work harder. Dragonforce is kind of a no-no though, and Dream Theater tends to result in me lost in the guitar too much, and being distracted. Otherwise though, it's all gravy, as they say in the UK.
In response to Stephen001
You should give this a try :P , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRwRlyzN4aI

Page: 1 2 3