ID:132385

Do you think you could delete the hub after you mark it "Ripped". Because if not, it's basically the same as having it in the search engine because you can just go to the submissions and search for any game you'd want to play... submissions is basically a second hub page, so really, this idea of 'getting rid of rips' thing is just about defeated by putting in the submissions page. By the way not sure if this is in the right place for topics XD. Sorry if it isn't :D.
Supported. I been thinking about this for a while.
The point is more to make rips etc. less visible to the general audience and especially newcomers. If people want to play a rip, they can always do it without the hub, after all.

That said, the intent of "rejected" is to mean "pending hub suppression". We just have to be a little bit careful since sometimes games are miscategorized.
In response to Tom
iigh. It was just a suggestion anyways :).
In response to Tom
I thought rips were gonna have HUBs deleted period.
In response to Mr.Professional
No one's ever said that. In fact, many have made attempts to clear that up.
Also, "hub" isn't an acronym. Stop capitalizing it!
In response to Kaiochao
I know its not an acronym. In fact, I don't know why I do that o-o I just always have.

On Topic: I don't think rips should have a HUB(its a habit q-q)in your own words(Tom) "A Rip is an unlawful theft of someones hard work." True, people can access rips with the use of a.....hub(e_e you don't know how hard that was)but let them find other ways of advertising it without one. Even with them being suppressed they can still be accessed.

And whats up with the "Currently Unavailable" I know that the hosted game can't be shown on it but the links still work so they can still go to the forum and what not.
Currently unavailable means there is no download link nor hosted server. It doesn't matter if all of the links on it still work or not.
In response to DivineTraveller
My point exactly. It means the Rip's hub can still be accessed which, to me, defeats the purpose of this genocide.
It's not a genocide. It's meant to make them less visible, and to make games that should shine through much more visible. If it were a genocide, the anime tag wouldn't exist and said games would cease to exist.
Mr.Professional wrote:
My point exactly. It means the Rip's hub can still be accessed which, to me, defeats the purpose of this genocide.

It isn't genocide. It is just a system to make rips (and, to a lesser degree, fangames) less visible so that newcomers can see that BYOND has more to offer. Like I said, even without a hub people can always play any game they want. For practical purposes, hiding rips in the submissions pile makes them inaccessible for website purposes.
In response to Tom
I used the term genocide(other than the fact the word sounds cool)because that's what it was made out to be at first. When Tom first made the post about the new change several months back the term everyone was using was "anime genocide."

Anyway, I understand that the point is too make them less visible which I get for fangames but, and this is my opinion, for rips I see it better to just erase the hub. And as I pointed out above. I know that games can be accessed without a hub, but leave that to the creators to figure out new ways to advertise it.
In response to DivineTraveller
This brings up my question (which i made a new post about blindly, realizing i should have probably scanned the most recent pages first ><) about what really defines a rip.

I really dont feel like re-typing or copy/pasting it here, so im just going to reference my post at [link]. The gist of the post is more or less asking if, even if proper credit is given to the creator, and even the distributor, if its still a rip after adding a lot of my own content.
In response to The_Zergling
I answered your question on your thread. XD before seeing this. Lol.
In response to Moussiffer
Moussiffer wrote:
I answered your question on your thread. XD before seeing this. Lol.

Its funny.. As soon as i hit the post button on this thread, my pager went off with an alert on your post.