ID:132395

"This game is not listed in searches because it is not available for download, and it has not been updated or played in over a month. It will continue to appear in the list of pending alerts on your home page until you make it invisible, provide a download, or host it regularly."

Will making the hub invisible prevent people from seeing the medals, etc they gained through the BYOND site?

I have a hub specifically created to provide medals to an existing game so that I don't have to get access to the main hub, so obviously there will be no download or hosted servers.
I believe so, since the system only seems to hide it from searches and the main list if you don't have it visible.

You should really get control of the SS13 hub and just post your medals directly on that though. I don't think many people notice your hub, and with visibility off even less people are going to take notice.
Slurm wrote:
"This game is not listed in searches because it is not available for download, and it has not been updated or played in over a month. It will continue to appear in the list of pending alerts on your home page until you make it invisible, provide a download, or host it regularly."

Will making the hub invisible prevent people from seeing the medals, etc they gained through the BYOND site?

I have a hub specifically created to provide medals to an existing game so that I don't have to get access to the main hub, so obviously there will be no download or hosted servers.

I'm not sure about the effect of the invisibility there, but it seems logical that medals gained in invisible hubs would still "count". We'll have to test that out.

In general, I think we need a special kind of classification for non-game hubs like this. ACWraith has a similar one for shared subscriptions, and it faces the same kind of problem.
In response to Tom
I might be misunderstanding, but to me the concept of you needing a download to you can have a HUB is kinda dumb to me.
In response to Mr.Professional
Mr.Professional wrote:
I might be misunderstanding, but to me the concept of you needing a download to you can have a HUB is kinda dumb to me.

You can have an empty hub. However, in order to classify a game, the game needs to be hosted or downloadable. Slurm's issue is that his game is not really a game-- it's a placeholder to provide medals-- and as such, will never be available.

I think this is solved if he makes it invisible (it shouldn't be accessible via search anyway) so long as the system still shows the earned medals on the user's home page.
In response to Tom
When making that hub invisible, medals, etc, display for that hub disappear from my view until I make it visible again.
In response to Slurm
Slurm wrote:
When making that hub invisible, medals, etc, display for that hub disappear from my view until I make it visible again.

Ok, we'll come up with a solution here. I also think we need some way for unlisted games to be accessible in the game-search on editor pages (eg, for posting in favorites) without retaining the alert. So that's kind of related.
In response to Tom
Would it be appropriate to move this to a bug report?
In response to Slurm
Slurm wrote:
Would it be appropriate to move this to a bug report?

You can if you want, but we'll address it today either way.
The alerts no longer stick. I hadn't considered that a lot of games are in-development but want visible hubs during testing, to show off medals, etc. We no longer emphasize the need to make such games invisible, although we do provide an initial alert when the status changes.

In your case, you shouldn't have to do anything. The game will be "incomplete" (although that status is a misnomer), but once you click on the alert you won't have to worry about it.