ID:132444

I think that it would be pretty epic if the Byond Administrators or some of Byond's Veteran Programmers create a compiler for the iPhone, so that some of us with iOS can program with our mobile devices...

Any thoughts?
This has been brought up before and falls into the realm of 'not possible right now'. Not only does it cost extra money to create and provide these types of applications it also has to conform to Apple's standards, which I believe compilers cannot.
In response to Nadrew
However, it is feasible to create a web app which passes input through to the command line compiler and passes the output back to the user. Several members of the community have done this past, you included if I recall correctly.
In response to Airjoe
Right, that's pretty easy to do. The problem is that Apple is iffy on things that can even generate a compiled file.
In response to Nadrew
What i meant... is something that can read code, and detect errors... currently i'm using office2 to edit code.
In response to Noimo
Once the flash client is released, it might be possible on an Android phone.
In response to Nadrew
Apple is iffy only on things submitted to the app store. Web apps don't apply.
In response to Flame Sage
o.o Seriously? Like I would be able to use all the DM Programs and play BYOND games on my Droid X?
In response to Spunky_Girl
You'd be able to play games hosted elsewhere.
In response to Stephen001
That will be the case for all flash players, not just mobile ones
In response to Flame Sage
It might also be possible on an iPhone if Adobe gets their flash to HTML5 conversion thing working better.