ID:132562

I'm not exactly gonna call for an complete redo of byond, I just think it'd be very cool to access your pager, possibly DM through the iPod's etc.

Anyone else think it'd be good? :p
Asakuraboy wrote:
I'm not exactly gonna call for an complete redo of byond, I just think it'd be very cool to access your pager, possibly DM through the iPod's etc.

The pager would probably be possible, but I don't know why anyone would want an IDE on a phone. Even still, the staff [likely] are too busy to do anything like this. If the pager used open protocols like XMPP and BYOND had some sort of authentication for third parties, community members could do it, but that's not happening.
In response to Airjoe
Airjoe wrote:
Asakuraboy wrote:

The pager would probably be possible, but I don't know why anyone would want an IDE on a phone. Even still, the staff [likely] are too busy to do anything like this. If the pager used open protocols like XMPP and BYOND had some sort of authentication for third parties, community members could do it, but that's not happening.

Valid point but this isn't for iPhone only, and this is jsut to expand byond and make it more accessible, eg. 50p for the app or whatever, aside from that, people would see the app, wonder what its for etc. look into it, and overall bring more byonder's
In response to Asakuraboy
A pager app would be of no real use to anyone though, since it would lack the ability to do anything but send and receive messages--and the latter is only useful to Members. None of that would really encourage people to check out BYOND, especially since BYOND can't be used on their device. Any app would also have to go through Apple's byzantine and capricious app approval process, which is a non-starter.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Fair do's, both are fair points I hadn't properly thought out, close the thread xD