ID:132578

Do byond referrals still exist? I can't find them anywhere. I want to start using them.
I'm pretty certain they still do. Just go to any game you like and hit [link] (it should be right next to favorite) and a referral paragraph explains how it works.
While logged in you can get your referrals here.
Just to be clear, I get actual money right?
In response to Dragonn
It goes to your BYOND wallet, which can be cashed out to PayPal.
In response to Dragonn
If they become a Byond member you get I believe it's $5 USD 6 months after they get their membership. Note: Doesn't apply if they are gifted their membership.
In response to Leur
Leur wrote:
If they become a Byond member you get I believe it's $5 USD 6 months after they get their membership. Note: Doesn't apply if they are gifted their membership.

6 months is a very long time to wait on that.
Neblim wrote:
How does Byond keep track of this? AFAIK, from all my referrals

I'd guess that it works similar to all the other referrals out there. The '?invite=Schnitzelnagler' part allows the server to store an internal link. Some pages (not sure if BYOND does this) even set a cookie with the referral link, for when a person does not sign up instantly, there is still a valid linking possible on the next few visits.
In response to Dragonn
Stops BYOND getting back-charged after paying you out $5, as back-charges are not that uncommon for BYOND. If people didn't steal daddy's credit card and buy themselves a membership, I'm sure the payout would be quicker.