ID:132600

I don't know what's up but me and most others I know are having a horrible problem with network delay with byond 464.

It keeps changing every 30 seconds and even though I keep using .configure delay 0 it just changes back to whatever it wants soon after. Really annoying.

And completely unecessary because the same game and same host was just fine on network delay 0 in byond 462 and previous.

The most annoying that is that it doesn't stay on what you set it to. It'd be nice if it were under the control of the developer too but maybe that is for a different time.

My point is, this is making a very unpleasant gameplay experience and I never had any problems on network delay 0 before so I don't know why it decides I need network delay 1/2/3/4/5/6 now
You'd probably be better off if you posted this as a detailed bug report.
In response to Jeff8500
Every since the release of 464 I've been having immense lag on my server. Mind you, I have some pretty good specs (VPS). I'm starting to think something's up with the Delay as well.

Please look into it.
In response to TruthKLS
As Jeff said, we need detailed information. Without that there's nothing to look into.
In response to TruthKLS
It's always happened with any and all BYOND versions I have been in touch with.
It's not specifically 464, and as far as I know, a properly made "Lag Guard" system is a great workaround to your issues.
I've hosted many projects/games and not once found network delay to change beyond 0.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
There is no properly made lag guard. All they do is modify the tick_lag which isn't solving the problem, but simply sticking a band aid on it.
In response to Mobius Evalon
Mobius Evalon wrote:
There is no properly made lag guard. All they do is modify the tick_lag which isn't solving the problem, but simply sticking a band aid on it.

Might wanna read before posting.
I never said it solves the problem, I said it's a workaround.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
I'm not sure if this has to do with it but for some reason latley my pager often has to be relogged multilple times before I connect. Today I had to reinstall byond for it to work. I am on a wired connection and nothing has been altered with it or my virus protection, it simply does not connect sometimes. The same thing happens with any game I connect to. It also seems to take longer for games to open sometimes when running with dream maker than it used to. The pattern seems infrequent/differentiating(not sure what word to use here) but it sure is of lesser quality than its previous versions.
In response to Darkjohn66
Your pager's connection to the hub has nothing to do with the server's network issues, nor does how long it takes to open a game. Those are all unrelated.

Lummox JR