ID:132947

I think it would be a nice option if, instead of clicking the arrows provided to switch between z levels in the map editor, we could have an input to type in a z level and automatically jump to it. Especially for those who have projects with z levels in the 100's (like me). It has just become a hassle to have to go from level 1 to 50 by just clicking through the arrows 50 times.

Also while I'm at it, it might be a nice feature if there could be a built-in way of naming z levels. I know there already is a library out there that does that to some extent, but an already built in feature would be of greater ease. This could even be combined with the z level input to be able to type in the name of the z level and be brought right too it.

Any comments?
Mareth wrote:
[...] t has just become a hassle to have to go from level 1 to 50 by just clicking through the arrows 50 times.

Of course, while viewing z-level 1 you can just press the previous arrow once and jump to 50, but yes that's not the point. =P It would be a great usability feature.

Also while I'm at it, it might be a nice feature if there could be a built-in way of naming z levels.

For this, they probably shouldn't waste their time on, however. It was also requested already in the past in various versions. Just naming them for use in the map editor wouldn't be useful, but naming z levels (or anything, for that matter) to use them conveniently in your code is already a piece of cake to do.
Somebody just requested these exact 2 things not too long ago o.O
Mareth wrote:
Especially for those who have projects with z levels in the 100's (like me)

Have you considered using multiple map files instead?