Well personalization deals with doing-something/accommodating with something's personal tastes and collectivism is more or less "one for all, and all for one". I'd say it's more so collectivism, but the definition of personalization (containing the word "accommodate") reminded me of this old riddle.
To be fair, deciding to own a Rooster, a Wolf, and some Grain is a pretty personal decision :P
I suppose so, I'm just glad the visuals came out nice- I've been wanting to do a hand drawn game for a while but never hand a reason to do it.
so has it started yet
Yes, yes it has.
Typical, found a bug in BYOND today of all days. My programs stretches 8x8 icons to 32x32. 20% of the time it works beautifully and is totally crisp, the other 80% is blurry as frell. No pattern to it at all as far as I can see. :(
I think it has something to do with the color count or the color hue.
Are you using winset to adjust icon-size?
Nope. My only instances of winset are to swap panes in to a child. And I was having the issue even before I started using panes/childs. ='(
I use winset for adjusting icon-size, it seems to not work using interface and you of course have to make sure the size of the map is a correct size.
Easy Jittai's game roll in with the chicken then roll in with the seeds and then roll back with the chicken roll in with the wolf and then roll back and roll in with the chicken.
I think we've all solved that logic puzzle before, yes. Now try solving the general case where there are N things to transport, thing N[i] must not be left alone with thing N[i-1], and you can transport M at a time. In which cases does a solution exist? Does the solution have a general form?
It's a children's riddle :I It's not meant to be that hard.
In response to Jp
Jp wrote:
I think we've all solved that logic puzzle before, yes. Now try solving the general case where there are N things to transport, thing N[i] must not be left alone with thing N[i-1], and you can transport M at a time. In which cases does a solution exist? Does the solution have a general form?

Son of a CUBE.
I appreciate your the art style in the "River Crossing Riddle". When thinking back to the old children's tales I've read and the art styles used, I feel that you nailed it.

And of course it should be easy. If one found it difficult it'd be alarming.
Oh oh...
I thought that collectivist was someone who like to collect things.
I oppened the wikipedia to make sure and..Oh no...
I didn't even understand, but I know it is not what I thought it was..

Maybe I still can make my game, because I just understood the word in a different way. But I am not sure...

Can someone explain to me what is Collectivist?
a philosophy is 'collectivist' if it emphasises groups over the individual, and 'individualist' if it emphasises the individual over groups.

For example, communism is a collectivist political philosophy.

Of course you can still make your game. The GIAD is really more about encouraging people to actually make a thing than it is about sticking perfectly to form. It's not like there are any prizes, after all.
OK! Thank you!
Taitz, thank you. It was indeed an issue with too many colours! Thanks for the tip. Also thank you Jittai for your suggestions, I tried them also ^_^
Finished! Well, not really, but the game is playable from beginning to end! Just need to add little extras such as benefits for BYOND Members and whatnot. I'll get to that after some sleep though I think ^_^
Page: 1 2 3 4