ID:133043

Just a little something that has been annoying me for awhile now. Sometimes I'm not around to see the beginning comments to a blog. As such, I have to click the fancy "Older Comments" link. This much is fine, however, one has to read up from the bottom to read the comments in order. This is also fine, BUT, when you get to the last older comment you have to scroll all the way back down to click "Newer Comments".

Nothing terrible, just slightly bothersome. I suggest putting a copy of the links at the top, above the comments. Then again, I wouldn't mind an option to just show all the comments, either.
Vermolius wrote:
Then again, I wouldn't mind an option to just show all the comments, either.

I remember being linked to a blog post which has more than two thousand comments. I don't think displaying all of them on a page would be good for either you or the database.

The other suggestion probably wouldn't hurt though.
In response to Tiberath
Tiberath wrote:
I remember being linked to a blog post which has more than two thousand comments. I don't think displaying all of them on a page would be good for either you or the database.

If one is inclined to read those comments, having a link or option to display them all* is better for both the person and the database, is it not? Not maybe relevant for two thousand comments, but a few hundred or so is still readable (or 'skimmable'). Anyway, both suggestions should be implemented, they both improve usability.

*: Maybe you understood something else, but that's what I understood he requested, basically. Other sites have this, and it comes in use.