ID:133144

Topic is self explanatory, but perhaps a remove option for medals would be beneficial?
Like the [Delete] link next to them?
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Like the [Delete] link next to them?

He might mean removing medals from a player.
In response to Slime Lord
Uh... who else would remove them from? >_>
In response to Spunky_Girl
The hub.

[edit] Haha, my bad. Thanks.
In response to Slime Lord
Yes, it removes the medal from the hub (not HUB, it's not an abbreviation >_>), but it removes it from the player in the process.

What would HUB even stand for anyways? o.O Heads-Up Boobtube? xD
In response to Spunky_Girl
But what if you don't want to remove it from every player of the game, just one player?

Oh, and I think you mean acronym, not abbreviation. ;)
In response to Jp
Yes, removal option (per player) would be most useful.

For me, a lot of medals will be given out 'manually' and that means i cant trust other people to give them out for certain goals because if they get it wrong i cant fix it without stripping everyone.
In response to Jp
Sorry for not being to clear but yes, I'm referring to removing medals from individuals players.
In response to Charlesg154
Charlesg154 wrote:
Sorry for not being to clear but yes, I'm referring to removing medals from individuals players.

Um. Can you have achievements removed from your xbox 360? No. But you can get banned if you got said achievements illegaly

Instead of removing people's medals for illegitimately obtaining them, give them in-game punishments instead

Ultimately; medals are out of your control 'once' they are hosted on the hub. You should not be able to have the decision to remove player's rewards, only byond admins have that control since the medals are technically their property and responsibility
In response to Mista-mage123
Mista-mage123 wrote:
Um. Can you have achievements removed from your xbox 360? No. But you can get banned if you got said achievements illegaly

I'm sure you can one way or another. In fact, I know you can have your gamer score reset/reduced, though I'm not sure if that also removes the associated achievements.

Instead of removing people's medals for illegitimately obtaining them, give them in-game punishments instead

If they got them through a bug on your part, you shouldn't be punishing them for it.

Ultimately; medals are out of your control 'once' they are hosted on the hub. You should not be able to have the decision to remove player's rewards, only byond admins have that control since the medals are technically their property and responsibility

Why shouldn't you be able to remove the medals that YOU gave them? Even if they are displayed on the BYOND hub that doesn't make much sense. As I mentioned above, its quite possible medals were received due to bugs or just a simple mistake in your code (like killing 10 instead of 20 of something).
I see no reason why this feature shouldn't be added; if nothing else, it should at least be there for testing purposes.
In response to Mista-mage123
I see your point but I agree with what some of the people have been saying as well, such as a bug. Another situation could be 'maintaining' certain medals, which would give creators some more creativity as to how they want to distribute them.