ID:133237

I'm trying to log into Dragon Ball Finale..and when I do, it says 'Dream Seeker is too far out of date. (Get the latest and greatest at byond.com)'

Then I went on here to check any new versions but there wasn't any. I uninstalled byond, and re-downloaded it, but that message still popped up and I wasn't able to play.

Please help :)
Thanks.
If you've managed to get to this forum, you should know this:

The Announcements category is where new versions are announced(along with other stuff, but that hasn't happened in a while).
In response to Kaiochao
oh ok thanks
I'd like to turn this thread into a feature request, as it is a perfect example and dwells in the BYOND features sub-forum anyway.

The casual player, who is not familiar with BYOND's forum architecture, won't know where to go and look for a specific version of BYOND, neither does she know which version she needs.

I suggest to change the message form...
"Dream Seeker is too far out of date. (Get the latest and greatest at byond.com)"
to...
"The game/server you're attempting to connect is not compatible with your BYOND version. You are going to need [version_required], which you can download [link to the announcement posting]here[/link]"

It would be better to link to the specific announcement, to include experimental builds and to make sure that people get a fair warning about them, instead of linking to the normal download section.

Thank you in advance for considering.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
It's been brought to their attention before:
http://www.byond.com/developer/forum/?id=673943
In response to Falacy
I'm sorry, I should have searched before posting this *blushes*.
But after reading your posting again, I'd like to adjust my proposal of a better worded error (with links included) to be displayed in the Splash Screen ;)
Yea, it at least seems that they added some notification of it now. Though, after testing it, when I logged in from the hub with an outdated BYOND, the splash screen moved below my browser when it displayed the Out of Date message; dunno if that's a bug or just me. I still don't see why the splash screen doesn't show up on the task bar, such a pain.
In response to Oleic
yea but how do u fix the far to out of date problem i get it even re downloading the latest version of byond
In response to MeSchivo
MeSchivo wrote:
yea but how do u fix the far to out of date problem i get it even re downloading the latest version of byond

The actual latest version isn't available on the official download page yet, but can be found here: http://www.byond.com/developer/forum/?id=683117&single=1
I'd also throw the betas onto the download page. Most software sites have these listed right along with stable releases, and just note that one is recommended.