ID:133547

For the BYOND Members blogs, there are some days where I've made a post and then want to make another... however, because I don't want to cheapen the former post, I tend to wait a few days before posting the second.

One feature that the BYOND Members site already has is the concept of submitting posts to other blogs, assuming you have the rank privilege. These posts go into an interim "submission" stage where they are reviewed by moderators and then accepted for posting.

People who have full posting privileges don't need to go through this review; when they make a post, it goes through immediately. I suggest allowing an option of posting as a "draft", which submits the post to the site as a "submission" even though you have regular posting privileges. Then the post is already made, and all you have to do is wait until you're ready to make the post and then click a link.

Saving it as a text file on your hard drive is a passable workaround, but because it isn't shown on your BYOND Members home base it's hard to remember to post it at all!
I second this option, since I also have those days where I feel like writing, and I'll write 2-3 articles in the day and don't want to have them all posted at once.

Although in reality I'd rather just have a post queue that would submit the next post after a certain period of time, but this is a passable second choice.
Sounds like a redundant feature to me. Like you said, write it down in a text file to be copied from later, or whatever.

Jtgibson wrote:
Saving it as a text file on your hard drive is a passable workaround, but because it isn't shown on your BYOND Members home base it's hard to remember to post it at all!

Name the txt file something long in FULL CAPS and put it on your desktop!
In response to Foomer
Thirded! I still have a BYOND Casual review saved as a text file on my computer that's some months old now. I didn't finish the closing paragraph so I saved it on my hard drive, luck probably has it that this game is already reviewed and updated.
In response to Kaioken
Kaioken wrote:
Sounds like a redundant feature to me. Like you said, write it down in a text file to be copied from later, or whatever.

http://www.byond.com/members/ DungeonCrawlers?command=view_post&post=43773

had been sitting on my hard drive for three weeks. Every time I remembered it, I got sidetracked and later forgot to post it, or another Dungeon Crawlers post was made and I held off in order to allow the other post its time in the spotlight. If it had been sitting in the completed stage on the site, however, it would have been ready for dropping in at any time -- since I'm not the only person with Dungeon Crawlers posting privilege, that effectively doubles the amount of "human memory" which could handle completing the post.