ID:1336885

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Specifically, be able to set it to build the .dmb and .rsc files into a different location than the same folder as the .dme, which...

Well, to be honest, I'm not certain how hard it'd be to do that. That said-- I know that I would, personally, appreciate the capability, especially seeing as how I usually attempt to keep the source and the build files separate. A good example is... Well, my source here:

https://github.com/ByondDevelopment/WildernessSurvival

You'll note that I have the source files into their own folder, the license and readme into the root folder along with the environment file, and I would prefer to be able to have it build into a 'bin' folder that I can place in here, to have the .dmb and .rsc separate from my licensing information, readmes, and the sort.

Just a bit of organization which can go a long way. Thanks for reading-- Have a nice day, everyone.
Yes, please! Perhaps with the command line compiler at least, the current way could be the default way, and there could be added an argument switch to set the build directory.
Bump. Is this something that is feasible? It would be quite helpful to me for the same reasons mentioned by the OP.
The reason it's done the way it is now is because of how the system handles the default security mode of a running world, if you build to a directory that's going to cause the game to run in ultra-safe mode by default it's going to become tedious to do quick testing.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
The reason it's done the way it is now is because of how the system handles the default security mode of a running world, if you build to a directory that's going to cause the game to run in ultra-safe mode by default it's going to become tedious to do quick testing.

Then in that case, wouldn't the feature request to explicitly boot into unsafe, safe, or trusted mode have to be done first for this feature to ever work?
In response to Pokemonred200
Pokemonred200 wrote:
Nadrew wrote:

Then in that case, wouldn't the feature request to explicitly boot into unsafe, safe, or trusted mode have to be done first for this feature to ever work?

nope. just make sure the other directory is under the same name