ID:133836

Any chance someone could link me to the 400 version of BYOND? I'm stuck on a Mac at the moment, and the PC emulator I'm using crashes with 401. It probably has something to do with the new features combined with the crappiness of this Mac. Even if I did get it to work though, I wouldn't be able to play on servers hosting using 400.
Doubt it, there is no version 400.
In response to Kaiochao2536
Actually, what is commonly referred to as 4.0 is actually versions 400-412. But yeah, the newest build can be found here:
http://games.byond.com/download/build/412.977_byond.exe

Although I do believe it is just for Windows atm and there isnt one for the Mac yet
In response to Jamesburrow
Jamesburrow wrote:
Actually, what is commonly referred to as 4.0 is actually versions 400-412. But yeah, the newest build can be found here:
http://games.byond.com/download/build/412.977_byond.exe

Although I do believe it is just for Windows atm and there isnt one for the Mac yet

Ah, no wonder I was getting errors, my version was old, not the opposite, and the download page was automatically set to give me the newest Mac compatible download, even though I was downloading the Windwos version. I should have visited the page through my emulator.

And yeah, I'm using the Windows version through an emulator, that surprisingly crashes more using BYOND then Counter-Strike Source or even Half Life 2.
In response to Ryokashi
Ryokashi wrote:
And yeah, I'm using the Windows version through an emulator, that surprisingly crashes more using BYOND then Counter-Strike Source or even Half Life 2.

Most emulators have very spotty handling of both OpenGL/DirectDraw and the RTF RichEdit control, both of which BYOND makes prolific use of, so that doesn't surprise me.
In response to Jtgibson
Jtgibson wrote:
Most emulators have very spotty handling of both OpenGL/DirectDraw and the RTF RichEdit control, both of which BYOND makes prolific use of, so that doesn't surprise me.

Why did Dan use such technology!!! It's the curse of us!
We should sacrifice Tom to the programming gods, perhaps they will help us!
In response to Jtgibson
The RichEdit controls are only a problem in application layers like WINE. He is talking about an machine emulator like VMWare, which would actually be running Windows. VMWare can have troubles with OpenGL, but the newest version of it is supposed to handle OpenGL and other graphic acceleration very well. I don't own a Mac, nor VMWare, so I can't test it, but their press pages claim as much.
In response to Danial.Beta
Actually, with the last test I ran, DirectX is causing a few problems when resizing the window. (the map gets cut off)
* Remember, we are using DirectX now! Not openGL!
In response to Flame Sage
Danial.Beta Wrote:
OpenGL and other graphic acceleration

That includes DirectX.
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
* Remember, we are using DirectX now! Not openGL!

Actually, you can switch between DirectX and OpenGL at will.

-- Data
Try the latest build - it works fine for me under Parallels and VMware on an Intel MacMini (1.8Ghz, 512MB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.10), using Windows XP as the guest OS.