ID:133892

Anyway you guys can get rid of the checker board efefct in the icon editing files, it really confuses me, I can see why you would add it but with just one solid background color makes it alot less confusing
Or maybe like a tic-tac-toe setup, 1 color but with a different color in a tic-tac-toe pattern... And i totally agree with you. :D
In response to Jman9901
It should be optional, under the Preferences or smth.

Edit: That is, it's not atm, it should be done that way.
In response to Ir0nm4n
yah definetly optional cause my friend uses it for some of his dimensions but when ur making a person or clothes that are gray and it blends in, its just confusing
Chewyy wrote:
Anyway you guys can get rid of the checker board efefct in the icon editing files, it really confuses me, I can see why you would add it but with just one solid background color makes it alot less confusing

I don't mind it myself, and I can imagine times when it could be very useful. Counting pixels from the edge of a small square is a lot easier than counting from the edge of the whole icon.

At any rate, for now, you could just use the Flood option and fill the icon with the color of your choice before you start drawing. Then use Swap to make it transparent when you're done.
I'd have to agree on this one. The issue becomes even more problematic when using a monitor with poor Gamma quality... or whatever it's called. As mentioned earlier, a check-box to toggle display of the checker pattern would be sufficient, and quite appreciated.