ID:134023

Re: ID:572037

When you are disconnected from a BYOND game, the options and messages dialog box appears, but otherwise there is absolutely no indication that the connection has been closed.

I would like to request that the client be notified of this in two ways.

1) A message should appear in Options and Messages saying "Connection interrupted." This allows the context to be general enough for reboots as well as disconnections.

2) The Dream Seeker window, while not connected, should have the title "Dream Seeker [disconnected]".
Jtgibson wrote:
Re: ID:572037

When you are disconnected from a BYOND game, the options and messages dialog box appears, but otherwise there is absolutely no indication that the connection has been closed.

I would like to request that the client be notified of this in two ways.

1) A message should appear in Options and Messages saying "Connection interrupted." This allows the context to be general enough for reboots as well as disconnections.

2) The Dream Seeker window, while not connected, should have the title "Dream Seeker [disconnected]".

There is a bit of difficulty here in that DS doesn't receive what I'd consider a reliable disconnect message. It can tell if it's logged in, but it can't tell logging in from being disconnected. At present, this isn't as easy a feature as it sounds.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I don't know how BYOND deals with packets, but after 4-5 cycles when uploading a packet to the server fails, just tell the client that it's been disconnected. Perhaps setting a certain time period that a client can go without recieving packets before it reports as disconnected?