Murder Mansion

by SuperSaiyanGokuX
Murder Mansion
Not for the faint of heart...
ID:1340811

Murder Mansion turned 10 years old last week.

In honor of that milestone, I finally motivated myself to update the game. I'm sure you've seen several of my preview posts over the last couple of weeks...

Well, the time has finally arrived! Murder Mansion 10th Anniversary edition is now available for download!

I wanted to hit the July 23rd anniversary date, but I missed that (obviouslyy) So, I set myself a hard deadline of at least by the end of this month.

I made it with 3 hours to spare! lol

Anyways, please go play the new and improved Murder Mansion.

I'm sure there will be bugs (there always is with an update, as I'm terrible at anticipating how innovative the players are at breaking the game...lol), so please report anything that comes up, and I'll get to fixing things.

I want to polish this thing to a level that will be a credit to BYOND, and eventually start spreading the word outside of BYOND. Just my little part to help!
Awesome! You should consider setting up a permanent server, as whenever I've wanted to play there's never been a server up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84

also along with doohl you should set up a permament server so we can all play together
I'm going to be looking into some permanent hosting. Might not happen today, though.
You added Funeral March for a Marionette! I LOVE THIS!
1. Where do I buy a subscription?
2. The AI doesn't seem to murder on certain maps, not like in the classic mansion.
Oh man! You also added volume adjustment to music! Thank you!
1. https://secure.byond.com/games/SuperSaiyanGokuX/ MurderMansion/subscribe

BYOND puts the default Subscribe link in small print on the hub page, up under where the game title is displayed. ("[Stats][Website][Share][Subscribe][Zip]")

Or you can click on the "Bonus features" link, and in the pop-up, it has a link to the subscription page.

I'll be adding a link in the game (similar to how it displays the link to BYOND Membership purchase), and probably also a big button on the hub page.

I don't want to push/advertise subscriptions just yet, because I want to see if there are any huge bugs rearing their ugly heads, so I can squish them. Once I'm satisfied that the game runs as intended, then I'll be focusing on pimping it out...lol

2. Interesting. The AI system does not take the current map into effect, so there should be no difference in how they act per map. Map size may play a role, though. In addition to making the game much slower than it should (due to the AI pathing routines, and the lighting routines having a much larger area to cover), the extra space might simply mean that the bots aren't running into each other as often. The AI in MM does not "cheat". It never knows where everyone else is at, so it must search (or stumble across someone) just like a human player. So maybe on some maps, the murderers are just not running into any victims?
SSGX you're gay

This MUST be the interesting part.

ps. ur gay
I think this is the interesting part. I can't be too sure.

Maybe check back at the 20th anniversary update. It might get interesting then...lol
I'm hosting now if anyone wants to join.
I've found a bug; Apparently when in my room and it was my own, I tried sleeping in a bed and it gives me "You can only sleep in your own room" I was wearing Black and it was the Black room...
Yup. That's a bug alright.

What's funny is that it only happened due to a last-minute minor (or so I thought) change I made to the names of the bedroom /areas. (they were just named as their color, like "Red", but that looked silly if the game ever had to output the bedrooms in text; "So-and-so was killed in the Red!". So I changed their names to "[color]_Bedroom")

Turns out, my check to see which bedroom the player was trying to sleep in was comparing the room's name to their color. So before, "Red"="Red", and you could sleep. But now it was "Red_bedroom"!="Red" (and now you can't sleep here!)

So anyway, I fixed it.

I don't want to be uploading a new version for every single fix, so let me wait for a few more to come in before I update to fix this.
Sure! I'll keep an eye out!
Can no one join my game?
In response to CodeWeasel22
i cant
Why?
when i try to join it it just says connection......failed
I knew it!

I was just about to come in here and ask you if anyone has ever connected to the games you've been hosting. I see you hosting a lot, but there's never any connected players, so I suspected something was up.

Hosting a game through BYOND requires a certain amount of prep work before it will work.

BYOND gets tripped up by firewalls, antivirus software, router/modem settings, etc. In order to successfully host a BYOND game that others can connect to, you've got to go through all of your equipment and make sure all of the settings will allow it.

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=30260

It's sometimes a big pain, which is why not many people have it figured out (it's usually one of the most asked questions on the BOYND forums)

It's actually why I haven't hosted the game myself. I'm on a laptop with a wireless network, and none of it has been set up to allow BYOND connections (I've just never gotten around to doing it)

I'll eventually be looking into getting a BYOND game hosting service set up for MM, but I'm not sure which one to use (or when that'll happen).
Hell, when/if I finally repair my dead desktop PC, I might just set it up as a hosting machine, and host the game from there. I'm not sure if it'll be up to the challenge, but it's an option, I suppose.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5