Murder Mansion

by SuperSaiyanGokuX
Murder Mansion
Not for the faint of heart...
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Couple of things:
>   George Vorhees was stabbed with a Knife by George Vorhees!
>
> Alexander Peacock says: "Oh my god..."
>
> George Vorhees says: "You know I can't leave any witnesses, Alexander Peacock"

Seems a bit odd that George is eliminating himself as a witness...

Heh. The AI still run into a few hiccups now and then. They operate on a stored list of targets that is populated every time they have a new goal in mind, and every once in a while, that list gets out of order. My guess is that poor confused George was trying to get himself a sandwich, but had somehow gotten himself on his targets list a step ahead of the chopping block.

If he was the murderer, we'll just chalk it up to him trying to cast off suspicion, by giving himself a superficial wound...lol

And the witness he is speaking of is actually Alexander. He knows he's been spotted stabbing himself, so he's got to get rid of Mr. Peacock before he gets any ideas.

Alexander Peacock was stabbed with the Broken Bottle by George Vorhees!
>
> Alexander Peacock has been killed!
>
> Alexander Peacock has been locked from all actions!
>
> Alexander Peacock drops the ( ) Rag...
>
> George Vorhees has been disqualified from this round...
>
> George Vorhees has died!
> .
> .
> .
> The last victim has died (but not by the murderers hand)... This round will be cancelled...
>

Why was he disqualified?

A slight AI thought error that culminated in a tragic mistake. The DQ would have only happened if George was not actually the murderer, so this tells me that the following chain of AI logic occured:

George accidentally attacks himself. Alexander sees this, and it triggers his "WitnessAttack()" response, and he's now very suspicious of George. He speaks his shock, which alerts George that he was spotted.

Everything's working as intended up to this point. The bots are free to make mistakes in their actions, and in their interpretation of what they witness. Had George not gone off the deep end, Alexander might have ran to a phone and incorrectly accused George (getting DQ'ed himself for the error)

However, there's a response to being witnessed while making an attack. The attacker sets any witnesses to be the next target of attack.

Obviously, though, this should only apply if the attacker happens to be the murderer. George shouldn't have turned his fury on Alexander, he probably should have thrown his hands up and tried to cover or defend his actions.

But, I guess if he's crazy enough to stab himself, then he's crazy enough to kill the witnesses, even though he's not the designated murderer...lol

First time I've actually played this, and it looks pretty fun, even though I just played against some AI.

Thanks! The bots have come a long way from previous versions, so you missed seeing them at their worst...lol
Hey there. I feel the walking/run speed mechanism is very sluggish compared to previous versions of Murder Mansion. I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet to you, but it may start out fine and 1-2 minutes in walking around the map becomes a pain... So if you could fix or look into that for the next update I'd be pleased. Thanks for making this cool game. I noticed someone else talked to you about being able to lock doors too, so thanks for looking into that as well. Bye!

Also damn... The attack time is unbearable.
Oh, wow... I picked a great time to randomly check in on this game, it seems.

I haven't got a chance to play it yet (I'm waiting to see if I can get my old RP group together to play with me), but these updates look sweet. I'm glad to see that this game is still getting some love. Admittedly, I was a bit hesitant about the subscriber features at first, but I think I can slap down $5 to have them for a year.

Any estimation on when the bug-fix update is getting released?

And, of course, huge thanks to Flame Sage for the permanent server!
See? I told you, you made a good game.
Goofed around a bit in single-player mode last night, and I noticed some of the sluggish walking that Zero Ziat mentioned, but only when I started the round with AI players. On smaller maps like the Mansion, there was no noticeable lag with 3 AI players, but larger maps like the Hospital were almost unplayable. Then for fun I added 15 AI players to the Mansion map. There were huge pauses between each tick, making the game entirely unplayable.

I haven't had a chance to play with actual humans yet, but I'm willing to bet the AI is causing this lag.

UPDATE: You can sleep in any "bed" in the Train map, even if it's not your room.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5