ID:134089

So I'm constantly on the byond website on my phone and I was wondering if it could be possible for there to be a Dreamseeker for Windows Mobile? Seems like a fun little idea to me and I'd definatly use it =P.
Problem is, despite the name, Windows Mobile is not Windows. It would take more effort to make DS for Windows Mobile than to make it for Linux and Mac. As you might guess, that pushes the priority down a little bit.

It's an interesting idea, but the platforms are far too different.
In response to Danial.Beta
Ahh I see. Well maybe one day? =P
In response to Dession
No clue, honestly. But, if they ever decided that BYOND was "Complete" in its current form, I don't see why they wouldn't move onto other platforms. But I wouldn't suggest holding your breath.
Windows mobile would probably never come -_-. But there is hope for Windows CE. I have a small theory that, because a Pocket Pc has telnet support i can use that to connect to telnet supported games like chatty.

Also i have another theory about porting windows 95 or windows 98 SE (this has already been done successfully) to my Pocket Pc and installing byond via win95 or win98se. Atm these are just theories but i will test them soon. Wish me luck.

-Genjura
In response to Genjura
Genjura wrote:
Windows mobile would probably never come -_-. But there is hope for Windows CE.

No there isn't. BYOND's memory requirements and usage aren't built around the idea of tiny platforms, but regular desktop computers.

Also i have another theory about porting windows 95 or windows 98 SE (this has already been done successfully) to my Pocket Pc and installing byond via win95 or win98se. Atm these are just theories but i will test them soon. Wish me luck.

Win95 support is gone and we're eventually gonna phase out 98.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR: wrote
Win95 support is gone and we're eventually gonna phase out 98.

Well after hearing this i thought of another idea, running a remote Desktop form the pocket pc via high-speed internet on both ends, this(when i get mine working) could possibly be the solution. But i am afraid it might be horribly slow -_-.

If i get it working this means , in theory if you have a Windows Ce supported device you can run byond form anywhere anytime!

-Genjura

In response to Genjura
I did that with my DS. I had a VNC server on my desktop and a VNC client on my DS(Nintendo DS that is) and ran DS(Dream Seeker). It worked, but was a little slow, and typing was a pain. It would probably work better if I had a resolution matching the DS, or close to it. That way I could see the whole screen at real size.
wow, i've been looking for a solution to run dreamseeker on my jornada 720 for awhile.. and never even considered this option... however i'm pretty much ignorant of this... so if someone could give me some help on this... that would be awesome!

email-
[email protected]

aim-
uleftwithsilence

thanks!

~Q~