In response to Android Data
Bump, I feel there is more to be said.

There still should be a way to ignore browser whether the programmer likes it or not, BYOND Staff could make this function in preferences. By defaulting it to un-ignore the programmer's can still be happy, because a majority of people would never change it in the first place.

I'm with Nick231 all the way, and I feel that someone should notify BYOND on this immediately.
In response to SaiyanDragoon
It's up to the programmer if it should be blocked or not. The programmer is the one that needs to make the preference; not BYOND Staff.

If the programmer won't do anything about it, simply leave their game. End of story. If you can't leave their game, stop complaining.

-- Data
In response to SaiyanDragoon
SaiyanDragoon wrote:
Bump, I feel there is more to be said.

There still should be a way to ignore browser whether the programmer likes it or not, BYOND Staff could make this function in preferences. By defaulting it to un-ignore the programmer's can still be happy, because a majority of people would never change it in the first place.

I'm with Nick231 all the way, and I feel that someone should notify BYOND on this immediately.

It's also been established that the browser used is the same as the one installed on the users PC. For example, link() for me, runs Firefox. So that means, I'm protected from all the nasties you're oh so concerned about.

Someone opens tubgirl? Bid deal. It's just obvious that said developer should be left alone. You'll notice that idiots in BYOND who do things like this aren't around for a long time.
In response to Nick231
Why not push for the use of Gecko as the BYOND browser then? Wouldn't that solve most of the problem? Sure, a few people might still have problems with link(), but I think someone has already said that link() requires user permission(I wouldn't know, I haven't used it before). You want to protect yourself. That's easy enough, don't use IE. There are Gecko activeX controls you can install to you machine to replace embedded IEs to the gecko browser at OS level instead of program level. You can't expect BYOND to cripple(And removing browse() would cripple BYOND) their software for a little security.
In response to Danial.Beta
The last time someone suggested using gecko as the DS browser, the staff responded with "but darke dungeon uses IE-specific hacks so no way!!11".
In response to Elation
Danial.Beta and Elation, to you I say: [link]
Page: 1 2