ID:1341068

BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 28.0.1500.95
Applies to:Website

A member of our crack team of bug testers has verified that this issue is reproducible, and has handed it off to the development team for investigation.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If someone makes a classified ad and another user responds to it before we can move it, the responding user will have their comment displayed under Posts and comments on their page. Clicking on the link provided takes us to the Classified Ad they responded to, but does not display their comment.

Example:

Classified Ad: Link!
Image of error: Image!

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
  1. Respond to a topic
  2. Move topic to Classified Ads sub-category.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
N/A

Expected Results:
Two separate results come to mind.
  1. Comments with the Location of Classified Ads shouldn't be visible -- similar to Moderator Activity.
  2. Open Classified Ads up to public discussion like all of the other sub-categories.

Actual Results:
Given a link to the post when viewing someones Posts and comments, but the comment is not visible.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? All the time.
In other games? website bug
In other user accounts? yes
On other computers? yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
When we stalk the forums at 2:30 AM.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
Continue to pray that the description of the Classified Ads sub-category is read before posting.
"Recruit team members, request help on specific game needs, or advertise your skills."
I guess my question might be, is this much of a problem? On the topic itself in classified ads, I presume the comments are not visible and are converted to sent pager messages?
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
I guess my question might be, is this much of a problem?
Just reporting bugs I encounter, Stephen. To answer your question, the answer is no, but I think we both know your question was rhetorical and unnecessary.

On the topic itself in classified ads, I presume the comments are not visible and are converted to sent pager messages?

Only a portion of the comments are visible when looking at the Post and comments section of someone's page. If the messages are converted to pager messages, then seeing a portion of the comment is a bug, hence the bug report. If they're not converted after the topic has been moved, I'd assume that, too, is a bug.
The question was to see if there was a more significant problem I'd perhaps overlooked. It happens, I'm human.
Stephen001 changed status to 'Verified'